chapter 50

{ time skip: the week after thanksgiving break }

IVY'S POV
*today is our first day back. besides the one bad day over break, it was all smiles and an overall amazing time. one day joey hung out with his friends while i had a girls day with serena and later we all went to see toy story 4. i wake up to the annoying sound of my alarm and sit up, turning it off. i rub my eyes and go into the bathroom to take a shower. while the water warms up, i wash my face and undress before taking my hair down and getting in. i wash and condition my hair with coconut shampoo then rinse my body with strawberry body wash. i turn off the water and get out, wrapping a towel around hair and body. i do my skincare and get dressed. i wear high-waisted jeans with a gray sweater. i blowdry and curl my hair before i put on my black vans and pack my backpack. i make my bed before walking downstairs to make myself breakfast. as i pour cereal into my bowl, i feel two arms wrap around my waist and i smile big, knowing it was joey.*

joey- good morning baby

ivy- good morning love. how did you sleep?

joey- it would've been better if you were with me

ivy- i haven't slept with you for two nights now, i think you're okay babe

*i giggle and turn around to see him pouting while i take a bite of my food. he puckers his lips and i swallow the cereal before standing on my tippy toes and giving him a soft kiss. he cups my face, holding the kiss for a few minutes before pulling away.*

joey- coconut and strawberry, i like it

ivy- you noticed?

joey- i can smell it plus it smells delicious

*he kisses right beside my ear, making me turn my head as he does and blush. he chuckles and makes his breakfast. i sit at the counter while eating and i admire him.*

ivy- you look really really good today love

joey- same goes to you baby

ivy- yeah but you're like up here and i'm here

*i put my hands as different levels and he shakes his head, walking over to me and leveling my hands out. i smile big and look at him. he smiles big back and pecks my lips a couple times. i kiss back each time and giggle against his lips. he smirks and walks back to the kitchen, getting his food as his mom and sophia come downstairs. 15 minutes later, all three of us finish eating and get in joey's car. he tosses me the keys and i look at him confused.*

ivy- you want me to drive?

joey- why not? you have your license

ivy- you're not wrong

*sophia gets in the back while joey and i get the front. i start the car and drive down the road. i take two right and one left turn before turning into the parking lot and parking. i shut the engine off and get out, saying bye to sophia and waiting for joey at the back. he intertwines our fingers and we start walking into school. almost halfway through our senior year and it's flying by.*

JOEY'S POV
*we walk straight to history class since we were a little later than usual and sit in our assigned seats. sadly, ivy isn't next to me anymore and we are across the class. i'm one row behind her and sometimes watch her play with her pencil while the teacher speaks. she does that when she's nervous and i want to comfort her but i can't just run over to her in the middle of class. we take notes and i see ivy pull her hood over her head. i wonder why she does that but ignore it since there are 10 minutes left. the bell rings and i stand up, grabbing my notebooks and walking over to her.*