12.

The cold night left me sleepless and tonight I just wanted Gerard to face the other way because I was about to sweat to death and freeze to death if that made sense.  

I looked up at the pale white ceiling. Why don't I just go clean Tyler and Josh's room quietly it's a mess anyways? I thought to myself.  I carefully slipped out of Gerard's large arms and tiptoed to the top of the polished wooden stairs. 

Tyler and Josh's door was already cracked open so I pushed it open to the full extent and almost gasped at the mess of clothes and shoes scattered around the room.  I started to pick up the clothes and throw them into the unused hamper when Tyler looked up at me.

"What...are you doing?" He asked rubbing the sleep out of his eyes.  I smiled at him and finished putting the round of clothes in the hamper before answering.

"Cleaning your room because I can't sleep and it is my job as your dad to keep this house clean" I responded casually throwing all of their clothes in the hamper. 

"Oh" Tyler responded laying back down causing Josh to stir but I just saw Tyler snuggle back into him.  

"Goodnight, dad" said before closing his eyes again and snuggling closer to Josh who moved his head a little before opening his eyes then giving Tyler a kiss on the head.  Josh then laid back down and Tyler did the same.  

"Goodnight, Ty" I whispered and finished putting the clothes in the hamper and organizing.  I walked out and left the door cracked then I was met face to face with Gerard.

"Baby, you scared the living shit out of me you just disappeared where were you?" Gerard asked looking down at my chest and then stroking my arm softly.

"I couldn't sleep so I cleaned Tyler and Josh's room" I replied softly scared to make eye contact with him.

"Are you mad?" I added almost barley audible. 

"No baby, you just scared me" He responded stroking my hair then grabbing my chin and lifting my head up giving me a quick peck on the lips. 

He led me back down the steps and back into our bed.  

"Gee, will you sing to me?" I asked cuddling into his arms once again considering I was not hot and cold anymore mostly just cold.

"Sure." He replied before softly starting.

  Hand in mine, into your icy blues

And then I'd say to you we could take to the highway

With this trunk of ammunition too

I'd end my days with you in a hail of bullets

I'm trying, I'm trying

To let you know just how much you mean to me

And after all the things we put each other through and

I would drive on to the end with you

A liquor store or two keeps the gas tank full

And I feel like there's nothing left to do

But prove myself to you and we'll keep it running

But this time, I mean it