Chapter 13

Over the next few days, their routine stayed the same. Arnav would do her bandages, help her change her clothes till she was able to do it herself. He had been working from home since the incident and would go into the office if absolutely needed. Most of the time he did conference calls from home and had staff come to their place to get any signatures or other stuff, if needed.

He would help Khushi cook meals, clean and do the laundry. He kept her within his sight just to make sure she was ok. She had woken up a few times in the middle of the night frightened and he would wake up the instant he would feel her twitch. As he sat on the couch with his laptop, reviewing an upcoming endorsement, he noticed Khushi come and slump beside him on the couch.

"Are you going to be awhile?" she asked while turning the TV on and lowering the volume.

"Ya maybe an hour or so... do you need something?" he asked knowing she wouldn't say it right away so he tried searching her eyes to see if she needed something.

"Nope... wanna watch a movie?" she asked out of the blue and he laughed.

"What's so funny... I was just asking Mr.Partypooper! Hmph!". As she got up to walk away, she felt him take hold of her hand and pull her back and seat her gently on the couch.

"I wasn't laughing at you... your question was just a little random but yes we can... give me an hour hmmm?". She smiled brightly. To make the hour go by, she walked into the kitchen to make them dinner till he was going to finish his work. As she chopped the vegetables, her mind went over the past couple of days and she realized there were quite a few things she had learnt about her husband.

For beginners, he was diabetic... DIABETIC... she almost choked on her own tea when he told her one morning after he had sipped the coffee she had prepared for him, which of course had sugar in it, infact loads of it. That was the first day she had actually made something for him. What a disaster,she'd thought while spilling the coffee away and brewing up some more. What were the chances of that happening? She had always loved sugar. From cookies to icecream to chocolate to donuts, anything with sugar was awesome including her tea which had a couple of teaspoons in a cup. Her heart sank knowing that there weren't many things she could bake for him like she used to for Karan.

Second, she learnt that her husband loved green tea and he liked it black. Her first reaction to that was Eww! No wonder most of the time he was bitter, she thought laughingly. He had gone into explaining to her about how green tea had antioxidants that other foods didn't contain but she had tuned him out during that discussion.

Third thing she realized was that he would give up anything for Anjali Di in a heartbeat. The way he talked about her, she knew that he worshipped his sister. He explained to her how she was diagnosed with polio at a young age and her marriage had broken once before when the guys side, out of nowhere, told them they didn't want a limping girl around the house despite knowing about her condition beforehand. Then she had met her husband Shyam. It was love at first sight for both of them as he had helped her when she tripped on the stairs at the mandir. Shyam didn't have a family of his own and was raised by his uncle who had passed away last year and therefore, Shyam and Anjali had decided to move back with them. Shyam was a criminal lawyer by profession and was very well known for his work. As Anjali owned quite a bit of shares in AR and they had enough money to last them a few lifetimes, Shyam provided services for people with lower incomes, which was very generous of him, she thought.

Fourth, her husband was addicted to chapstick. Over the past few days she had found atleast found six chapsticks around their room and about six to seven more in his pants. She wasn't sure if she wanted to check anymore and she had told him that if any of his chapsticks got ruined when she did laundry or something, she wasn't to blame.