Chapter 34 (LAST)

(Last Chapter)

4 months later...

Anjali walked out of the orphanage, holding the green folder close to her chest. She couldn't believe that after everything had happened; her life would take a positive turn so fast. She looked down at the folder again, tears brimming her eyes and she offered a silent prayer. She was finally going to get the happiness of becoming a mother.

She had always wanted a child... from the day she could remember but fate had played a cruel game with her. Getting married to Shyam had turned her life upside down but now that he wasn't in her life and would never return, she knew it was time to fulfill her wish. This was something she had always wanted for herself and now that Shyam was out of her life, there was no more danger. She could raise her child how she wanted, without any fear.

Karan and Shyam had been arrested and their trial was yet to start. Karan was bailed out by Khushi's dad but the chances of Shyam getting out were slim to none. Karan had moved back with his parents as his license to practice medicine was taken away from him. The evidence that was collected after Shyam's arrest from his secret apartment had enough proof to keep him in prison for life and Anjali realized that God had finally listened to her and had given her a second chance at life and she was going to make the most out of it.

As she walked towards her car, her love doubled for the two people standing infront of her- Arnav and Khushi. They had been her pillars of strength for the past few months and had finally convinced her into taking this major step in her life. What would she have done if they weren't there for her? How was she going to get through life without their support? She wasn't sure. Khushi was like an angel that God had sent into their lives and had slowly fixed everything. Anjali had never seen Arnav or her Nani happier.

"What did they say Di?" Khushi asked, her eyes hopeful, as she looked at Anjali who had slight tears brimming in her eyes. Khushi's heart pounded, she wasn't sure what the answer was going to be looking at Anjali's face initially, but the smile that lit up Anjali's face could have lighten up a whole room.

"Next Monday" was all Anjali managed to say before she burst into tears and held onto Khushi, her joy boundless. Khushi looked over Anjali's shoulder towards Arnav who also had tears in his eyes now. He mouthed her a thank you' before he pulled his wife and sister into a hug.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life had changed over the past four months... Arnav had sold their mansion and had moved into a smaller neighbourhood. Anjali had insisted on wanting to live on her own and Khushi had suggested that they live close to each other while Anjali adjusted to working full time again and maintaining her household. Nani had moved in with Anjali leaving Arnav and Khushi in their cozy little house alone. Even though the place wasn't as spacious as their older house, Khushi had loved the house the instance she had seen it.

As she stood in the kitchen preparing dinner, Khushi felt a pair of strong arms encircle her waist.

"Aaj tum jaldi ghar aagaye?" Khushi asked, as she looked at the clock on the wall. She had taken the day off to go shopping with Anjali to buy a car seat and other essentials for their new princess who was going to be arriving in a few days.

"I missed you" Arnav whispered, as he stepped in closer, his lips finding his favorite spot under her ear.

"I love how you shiver everytime I kiss you here" he groaned as he placed soft kisses under her ear and the crook of her neck.

"Arnav no! My food will burn" Khushi whispered as she tried to wiggle out of his arms, trying desperately to reach for the stove again but in vain. The next second, she felt herself being turned around and the click of the stove telling her that the stove was now off.