Chapter 11

After getting a grand tour of the whole place, Khushi was shown her new office which was opposite of Arnav's and was only separated by a glass wall. Well atleast there are curtains, she thought dully. Those will need to be put in use soon, as she didn't think she would be able to look him in the eye for a few days.

What the hell had she been thinking? How in hell could she even think that way, she chided herself. At what point during their discussion did her mind enter the gutter? She wasn't sure herself. When he said it wouldn't hurt? Or that allot of people do it?

Forget it Khushi, she told herself again... and again. Get back into work mode. Everything will be fine. Keep your distance with him for a few days and let your nerve endings calm down.

Breathe in, breathe out and she kept repeating the mantra until she felt a hand on her shoulder and she turned around so fast that she almost lost her balance. And there stood the last person on earth she wanted to see at this moment plus that cheeky grin on his face didn't seem to help the situation.

"What!" she yelled a little too loud for her own liking but cocking his head to the side, he looked her fully in the eyes and grinned a little more.

"Look if you don't wipe that smirk off your face..." she muttered through her gritted teeth.

He only raised his eyebrows at her statement and crossed his arms across his chest waiting for her to continue.

Before she could say anything further, she saw Nancy walking into the office, who decided to give her an overview of things around. Without a word, Arnav left and walked into his office but she could feel his gaze on her. She wondered if Nancy always kept the curtains aside. Would it be weird if she decided to go ahead and pull them across? Actually that would show that she was awkward and there was no way she was going to let him think that he won. First, he threw her off the bed, and then he made her think all weird. There was no way he was going to get off the hook, she decided.

When Nancy moved towards the computer to get started on showing her things, she made up her mind that she was not going to think about him anymore and deal with what she had got herself into. She realized she needed to discuss this whole working arrangement with him too. Working for your husband's company.. Was that awkward? She wasn't sure.

After spending two hours with Nancy, she realized she had quite a bit to do. As Nancy worked for Arnav's dad before Arnav took over, everything in the office was done manually despite how technologically advanced the world had got. This place is going to need some changes, she thought. As Nancy left and told her that she will come in whenever she was needed, Khushi looked around the office wondering what she should do now. Did he expect her to start working on things right away? She wasn't too ready for that. Her brain felt a little fried still. She was tired and her thoughts wandered off as she realized if things would have gone as she had planned, she would have been in Bora Bora on her honeymoon right now relaxing. Rubbing her temples to get rid of the headache that was starting to come, she sat down on the office chair and turned around so that her back was facing Arnav's office. She wondered what Arnav's di and Nani were doing and if they were still at Karan's. Maybe she should call them. But as she picked up her phone to call, she thought against it, in case they were still there.

She looked back at Arnav who was now pacing his office. His tie hung loosely around his collar and he was running his hands through his hair so hard, she thought he might rip them out. Looking like he was going to be one the phone for awhile, she turned back around and leaning her head against the back of the chair, she closed her eyes.

So lost in her thoughts, she didn't realize when she dozed off and Arnav walked in. He came and stood behind her and noticed her tired face. Slowly turning the chair around, he made her face him but realized she was sleeping as she didn't even flinch. As he looked over her face carefully, he realized the dark circles under her eyes that she seemed to have covered up with some makeup.