Chapter 1

Maya's POV

Two weeks into summer vacation and here I was sitting in a car. I didn't mind it though I was going home. My mom who was driving always hated that I thought of the beach house as my home.

Every summer since the year I was born we spent it with the Matthews at their beach house. My mom had grown up with Cory and Topanga and they remained friends even after my mom moved away to New York.

My mom reached over and turned the radio down like she was getting ready to say something.

"Hey I was listening to that," I said.

"Calm down," she said taking a drink of her water.

"How long until we get there?" I asked looking out at the window.

I knew this place like the back of my hand. Every store and every super market just the same as last year.

"Why are you in such a hurry to get there? Do you want to see Lucas?" my mom asked pulling down her sunglasses to look at me.

"No!" I said a bit too loud, "I just want out of this car."

"Okay whatever you say," she said pulling up her sunglasses.

"Mom that was like ten billion years ago," I lied.

It was every year after I turned 12 that I looked forward to coming down so I could see Lucas. My mom and Topanga always thought when we were younger that I would marry Lucas or Farkle. Of course then we only cared about who could eat their food the lastest.

"Fine fine," she said going back to driving.

We have had so many memories down here it's hard not to get emotional when we pull into the driveway. The house still looked the same and everything outside was same. Only this time Farkle was old enough to have a car.

I stepped out of the car just as Riley, Lucas, and Farkle came out the door.

"Maya!" Riley yelled running up to me.

She was always the first one to hug me and she always held on the tightest. Riley was my best friend down here and when we left for the summer she always struggled to keep back the tears.

When Riley let go of me Lucas pulled me into a hug. If felt nice to be in his arms again. He looked older and stronger this summer than the last.

Once Lucas and I finished our hug Farkle gave me one. He also looked different with his golden tan and it looked as if he had grew over the summer too.

One by one they all came over and hugged my mom. It was funny seeing how much taller they all were than her.

The boys helped my mom bring in our bags and Riley brought me inside.

"I've missed you," I said dropping my bag on the ground.

"I've missed you too," she said, "I'm glad your here."

Before I got a chance to respond to her the boys came running inside yelling for Cory and Topanga to get down with us.

This was summer.

I don't own Girl Meets World or any of the characters.