Chapter 16

Maya's POV

I woke around 3:00 to a huge crack of thunder. It scared me so much I jumped a little. Falling back to sleep after that wasn't a option so I laid there under my sleeping bag.

The house was dark and quite so I could hear every rain drop hitting the roof. I felt something wet on my side and then something feel to the ground.

"What the?" it wasn't something it was someone.

"Lucas," I said.

He stood back up, "What are you guys doing down here?"

"Your parents wanted us to wait and see if you would come home," I said.

"Don't you mean my mom," Lucas responded back.

His hair was all wet and his clothes were as well. Where ever he was they must not had a good roof.

"Lucas your dad does care about you," it was the truth. His dad did care for him a lot.

"Maya look I don't want to talk about this," Lucas said stepping back.

"Lucas," I tried.

"No," he walked off.

Lucas was lucky enough he had both parents. I only have my mom now. My dad hasn't even called since Christmas two years ago. He hasn't invited to see his new place or anything. I would be jumping up and down if my dad gave me $300. Heck I'd be jumping up and down if he gave me $5.

"What's going on?" Riley must have woken up.

"Lucas came home," I said.

Riley's head perked up, "Farkle wake up Lucas is back."

"No....no don't wake him up," I said.

I didn't even need to say that Farkle could sleep threw anything.

"Why not?"

"I don't think he wants to be bothered with."

"Did something happened between you guys?"

"No."

It wasn't a complete lie.

"Maya."

"I'm tried I'm going back to bed."

"Maya come on."

"I said goodnight," I sounded to much like Lucas when I said that.

"No you said I'm tried I'm going back to bed," Riley said.

I laughed at Riley. She never took anything to serious and with Lucas as a brother it was a good thing.