Chapter 3

Maya's POV

When we were younger all of us kids used to be spilt apart into different rooms. But for about two years now all of us have slept in the basement.

Riley and I were pulling out our sleeping bags and setting them while Farkle was setting up the tv.

"Hey where's Lucas?" I asked.

"Uhh maybe upstairs," Farkle said.

"I'll go check on him," I said putting down my bag down.

Farkle looked up, "Hurry up okay."

I took the steps two by two and went upstairs to look for Lucas. I found him in the closet talking on his phone. I leaned against the wall so I could listen.

"Sam no!" Lucas yelled.

I couldn't hear anything on her side of the conversation.

"I can't do this anymore," Lucas was pacing back and forth.

"No Sam it's over," Lucas said before hanging up her phone.

I popped my head around the corner, "Hey are you coming down stairs?"

Lucas turned around, "Oh yeah I'm just trying to find my sleeping bag."

"Do you need some help?" I asked.

"Umm do you think if I lifted you up you could grab it for me?" Lucas asked.

"Sure where it is?"

"Not sure yet."

"Alright let's look for it."

Lucas lifted me up by my waist and I looked up on the top shelf. His hands were right on my waist it felt hard to concentrate.

"Do you see it?" Lucas asked.

"Not yet," I said scanning the self.

His hand slipped a little and I felt his hand against my bear skin.

"Sorry," Lucas said keeping his hand there.

"It's fine," I looked up so he wouldn't see me blush.

I moved around a box and the sleeping bag was behind that. I held it so he could see it. He slowly put me down.

"Thanks," Lucas said holding out his hand.

"Your welcome," I said giving him the sleeping bag, "Umm who was that girl we were talking to."

"Ohh Sam?" Lucas said begging to walk down stairs.

I followed behind him, "Yeah her."

"Just some girl I dated who can't take no for an answer," Lucas said.

"Oh," I said.

Lucas always got a ton of girls growing up. He never really seemed to fall in love with anyone but it's seemed like it was pretty easy for girls to fall in love with him.

We both walked back to the basement and Lucas spread out his sleeping bag. Everyone put there sleeping bags in a circle so we could all talk.

Farkle put in a movie and we all got into our sleeping bags.