Chapter 14

Maya's POV

Corey got back from Pennsylvania today. He left a week ago for some business trip that Topanga didn't want to go on. Riley was the only one that looked happy to see him.

"Hey kids," Corey said walking in the door.

We were all inside today eating breakfast because it was raining. Topanga made everyone chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast.

"Hey dad," Riley walked over so she could hug him.

"Riley I've missed you," Corey pulled her into a hug.

My mom walked into the kitchen, "Corey it's nice to have you back."

"It's good to be back," he said putting a bag down on the table.

"What's in the bag?" Topanga asked walking over and kissing him on the lips.

"My guess is presents," Farkle said.

"Your guess would be correct," Corey began pulling presents out and handing us each one.

The gifts weren't anything special. Riley got some earrings and a couple pairs of sandals. My mom and I both got necklaces with both New York and North Carolina written on hearts. Farkle got some football singed by one of the players on his favorite team. He brought home a new ring for Topanga.

Lucas was simply just given money. I'm not sure how much he was given but it was well over $300.

"What's this?" Lucas asked.

Corey gave him a strange look, "It's money."

"So everyone else gets an actual gift but you just give me money."

"Your so hard to shop for now these days."

"Maybe if you were home every once and a while you would know what kind of stuff I like."

Lucas walked out the back door and didn't bother to close it. I looked out the window it was still raining. Everyone looked at each other for a moment and I realised no one was going to chase after him.

I stood up

"Where are you going?" Farkle asked.

"I'm going to go check on him," I walked closer to the door.

"Maya he needs space," my mom said.

"Too much space can be a problem," I walked out the door.