Chapter 11

Maya's POV

Riley and Lucas both went out with their friends today so I was left to just sit by the pool. The sun was beating down on my skin giving me the perfect golden glow. It got to hot after a while and I jumped into the pool.

I swam lap after lap just letting the memories flood back into my mind. Lucas used to try to race me across the pool and most of the time he would win. A few times I won but I knew he was just letting me win. Farkle let me win every time we raced just to annoy me.

I came up out of the pool and saw Farkle sitting in my chair.

"Hey get out of my seat," I said swatting my towel at him.

"Is this what your doing with your summer?" Farkle laughed.

"What's wrong with this?" I asked wrapping the towel around my body.

"Oh Maya there is so much more to summer than laying by the pool."

"I wasn't laying by the pool."

"Swimming in the pool whatever."

"They are different."

Farkle rolled his eyes, "That's it your coming with me."

"Where are we going?" I asked as Farkle got up.

"Meet me out in the car in 20," Farkle said getting up and walking inside.

I ran inside and quickly jumped into the shower. I quickly placed my hair in a braid and put on shorts and T-shirt.

I ran out the door to Farkle who was sitting in the car with the radio on.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"We are going to play mini golf," Farkle said.

"You hate mini golf," I said.

"But you love it."

Farkle drove us to the golf course and we picked out the color ball we wanted. I got blue my favorite color and Farkle got red. When Topanga used to take all of us kids here Lucas and I would fight over who got the blue ball.

I was always good at mini golf growing up but the boys were always better than me. Riley was just plan out terrible at sports. I hated sports but I was pretty good at them.

We played the game pretty well and he ended up beating me by a couple points. We both got back into the car and he drove us to a movie theatre.

"What movie do you want to see?" I asked.

"Uhhhh I don't care just not one of those stupid chick flicks," Farkle smiled.

"I hate chick flicks," I lied.

"Liar," Farkle said, "Your nose always scrunches up when you lie."

I did always scrunch up when I lied and only Farkle and Lucas ever noticed that.

We ended up picking some comedy movie that he wanted to see. I picked seats towards the back for the theatre and we sat down. In the middle of the movie Farkle got up but he came back a couple minutes later with popcorn and a soda.

"You read my mind," I said taking the drink.

"Wait wait," Farkle said putting the drink back down in the cup holder.

"What?" I asked.

Farkle pulled out two twizzlers and put them in the spot where the straws would go. We both leaned down to take a sip of the drink and our foreheads touched. I only moved mine away after I finished taking a drink.

(I don't own twizzlers)