Chapter 15

Maya's POV

I couldn't find Lucas on the beach. Everyone came outside to help look for him. None of us could find him though.

That night Riley, Farkle, and I slept upstairs instead of downstairs just in case he came home tonight.

Riley walked over to the couch that I was sitting on. I was watching every car go by to see if Lucas was in any of them.

"He will be back," Riley put her head on my shoulder.

"When?" I didn't turn away front the window.

"He just needs space," Riley said.

It was still raining and I could see a few cracks of lighting and hear thunder in the distance.

"How much space?" I asked.

"He will probably be back tomorrow," Riley said sitting back down.

Farkle walked back into the room.

"Hey guys check this out," Farkle held up a couple video tapes.

"What's on them?" Riley asked.

"Not sure let's find out," Farkle walked over to the TV and put in the first video.

The first thing that popped on the screen was us kids playing with sparklers on the Fourth of July.

"Mommy look at me," a young Riley yelled.

"I see you sweetheart," Topanga saw sitting in a chair next to my mom.

I could tell Corey was videotaping.

Farkle and I ran on the screen screaming and jumping up and down. Lucas was chasing us with a water gun yelling that he would get us.

I looked over at Riley and said, "Oh the good old days."

"The days where we weren't worried about anything," Riley said.

The second video Farkle out in was one of us kids at Easter. Normally we didn't come down to the beach house that early in the year but I guess it was a special that year.

Everyone was going around collecting Easter eggs. Lucas kept taking eggs out of my basket and I kept yelling at him. Farkle walked over to me and gave me some of his eggs in his basket.

"Mommy mommy look," the six year old me yelled.

"Look at you collecting eggs," my mom said.

Someone else showed up on the video that I hadn't seen in years. My dad.

"Awww Maya your getting to be such a big girl," my dad said picking me up.

I couldn't watch it any more I looked away from the TV. Farkle got up and turned off the video.

"Thank you," I said crawling into my sleeping bag.

(Thank you for 1k views)

Love you all xoxoxox