Chapter 12

Maya's POV

Lucas and Farkle got invited to another party tonight. I wasn't going to go at first but Riley made me come with her. Farkle said he would stay with me but he ended up ditching me within minutes of getting there.

I was sitting by the pool with my feet in the water when a boy walked over to me. He had blue eyes and blonde hair like me.

"Hey why so lonely," the boy asked.

"My friends ditched me," I said as the boy sat down.

"Oh that sucks," he said putting his feet in the pool, "I'm Freddie."

"I'm Maya," I looked at the pool water, "Do you live around here?"

"Yeah I live with my grandparents."

"How did you end up here tonight?"

"My one friend brought me."

"Where is he now?"

"You sure so ask a lot of questions."

I blushed

"How else am I supposed to get to know you?"

"Another question," he laughed.

"Okay ask me anything."

"Is that your boyfriend over there?" he said pointing his finger towards Lucas.

Lucas was standing there and some girl with brown hair was all over him.

"Lucas?" I asked.

"Yeah him he keeps looking over here."

"No he's a friend of mine."

"Oh."

"Yeah you don't have to worry about him."

"Okay good," he smiled.

I blushed again, "Okay."

We sat there a while longer and talked. He told me about his special talent which was actually just that he can touch his tongue to his nose. Freddie was actually pretty funny and he liked to be himself.

"Oh," he said looking down at his watch, "I have to get back to my house."

"Already?" I said getting up.

He got up too, "Yeah but here why don't you give my your number and I'll call you."

"Okay," I smiled.

He handed me his phone and I punched in my number. He didn't give me his number though.

"I'll call you," he said walking away.

"I'll be waiting," I said before he turned around and winked at me.

Lucas walked over to me, "Who was that?"

"Freddie," I said, "Why do you care?"

"I don't care," Lucas said walking back over to the same girl he was with earlier.