Chapter 13

Maya's POV

I was surprised when Freddie called me the next day. He invited me to go out dancing at some place. Topanga helped me curl my hair and put my makeup on. I never wore makeup because I hated getting up early and I didn't like the feeling of it on my face.

I walked down stairs in a blue dress my mom bought for me a couple years ago. Topanga ran over to me and hugged me.

"Maya you look so beautiful," my mom said.

I laughed a little, "Mom it's only a date."

I couldn't wait to see her reaction for prom next year. She would probably be crying her eyes out wishing her baby girl wasn't growing up.

"Oh Maya it's just your growing up so fast," my mom said pulling me into a hug too.

Farkle walked into the room, "Whoa."

I laughed, "Thanks."

Lucas walked into the room too, "Our little Maya's all grown up."

I blushed, "Shut up."

The doorbell rang and everyone looked over at the door. I walked over to the door and opened it.

Freddie was standing there holding a flower in his hand, "You look amazing."

"You don't look too bad yourself," I said.

"This is for you," he said handing me the flower.

Before I got a chance to say thanks my mom walked over to the door.

"Hi Freddie I'm Maya's mom," my mom stuck her hand out.

Freddie shook her hand, "It's nice to meet you."

"Nice to meet you too," my mom smiled, "Have Maya home at 10."

"I will," Freddie said.

"Not a moment later," she said.

"Okay mom I'll be home at 9:59," I said walking out the door.

Freddie took me to soon little fancy place that had a nice dance floor. Freddie was a pretty good dancer but he kept telling me I was better.

Farkle and Lucas used to dance with Riley and I around the basement as kids. I'm sure that Topanga had video tapes of us dancing somewhere in the house.

We drove home after a couple hours and Freddie pulled up to the house around 9:45. He walked me up to the front door.

"I had an amazing time tonight," I said.

"Good," Freddie smiled.

"Tonight has been one of the best nights I've had out here so far," I smiled.

"I'm glad," Freddie smiled back.

He had a cute smile that made me blush.

"Maybe we could do this again," I said.

"You'd want to."

"Yeah."

We leaned in closer towards each other. Our lips were almost touching when the front door swung open.

"Oh hey guys," it was Lucas.

"Hi Lucas," Freddie said backing up.

My face turned red.

"You should probably get going," I said.

"Yeah I'll see you later," Freddie said before walking down toward his car.

I walked inside and Lucas followed behind me. I kicked off my shoes.

I spun around towards Lucas, "What the heck was that?"

"What are you talking about?" Lucas asked.

"Freddie was going to kiss me and he had to open the door," I yelled.

"Was he," Lucas looked so calm, "I had no idea."

I ran down stairs toward the basement. Riley and Farkle were laying down on their sleeping bags and I flopped down on mine.

"What's wrong?" Riley asked.

"Your brothers a jerk," I said.