Chapter 25

Maya's POV

I get to the dock he is the only on there. Everyone else must have gone back to the house.

I run over to him and yell, "Are you happy now?"

He turns around, "What are you talking about?"

"Freddie just broke up with me," my face is red and I'm fighting back the tears.

"What does that have to do with me?"

"It has everything to do with you. Why can't I just stop liking you?"

"Maya stop."

"Maybe I don't want to stop."

"Maya I don't like you," those words stung.

"How can you say that?" I'm really mad now and tears are forming in the conners of my eyes.

"You need to stop liking me."

"So all summer I get looks from you when I'm with Freddie and you try and stop me from kissing him but you still don't like me."

"You need to stop playing these games when other people are involved."

"Who else is involved? Freddie just broke up with me."

"Farkle."

I didn't think Farkle would tell Lucas what happened last night.

"I don't like him."

"He likes you and every time you reject him it comes back on me."

"I can't help that."

"Just go live you happy ever after with him," Lucas turned around and walked away.

I fell to my knees in a puddle of tears. Summer was over and I'd managed to lose the people I cared about just like that.

Freddie was gone. Lucas didn't even like me back and Farkle probably hates me.

I feel a hand touch my back. When I look up I expect to see my mom or Topanga but it's neither one of them.

I wrap my arms around his neck and cry, "My heart hurts so bad."

"I know I got you," Corey holds on tighter.