Chapter 28

Maya's POV

When I woke up the next morning I felt tried and sore. Today was the last day here and I was planning on staying up in my room crying all day. My mom forced me to go down stairs and see Topanga around 7.

I walked down stairs into the kitchen and saw Topanga sitting at the table. She was drinking a cup of coffee with a bunch of tissues sitting on the table.

She looked over at me, "Maya."

I run over to her and hug her, "I'm sorry."

"No I'm sorry I brought you into this," she hugged me back.

"I'm sorry," was all I could get out."

I sat down in the chair next to her.

"Now I need you to look after the boys no matter what happens."

"I will."

"Keep them close," she grabbed my hands.

"I will."

"Keep them close and don't ever let them go."

"Okay."

"Now go see him," she pointed her head towards the back door.

I got up and hugged her, "Thank you."

I walked out the door and saw him siting by the water throwing rocks.

I sat down next to him and he threw another rock.

"Hey," he turned towards me.

His eyes were puffy and red. I had never seem him cry before. Even when his dad had yelled at him. He was the strong one.

"Hey," I said.

"I'm sorry," he threw another rock.

"For what?"

"For what I said on the dock."

"I'm sorry for putting it all on you," I said.

"I didn't mean what I said," He said.

He turned towards me and gave me a look I had never gotten from him before. I leaned in and kissed him. His lips touched mine and he kissed back.

I was finally kissing Lucas. It was everything I ever wanted. Lucas was the one to pull away.

"I'm sorry," he looked back out at the ocean, "Can we just sit here?"

"Of course," I rested my head on his shoulder and he put his head on top of mine.

We sat there for a while not saying anything to each other. I didn't mind I just wanted to be there with him.

We walked inside later and helped clean everything up so my mom and I could leave tomorrow.