Chapter 22

Maya's POV

Lucas and Riley were already asleep when I felt Farkle hit my leg.

I kicked him back, "What's up Farkle?"

"Sorry I didn't know if you were awake," he turned over so I could see his face.

"It's fine."

"So how are things with Freddie?"

"They are slowly coming to an end I guess."

"Oh."

"Yeah I'm not going to see him after I leave for a while so I'm not sure what will happen."

"Maya can I tell you something?" his voice became all serious all the sudden.

"Of course your my best friend you can tell me anything," I sat up.

"I know things are crazy with you and Freddie right now but I've been wanting to tell you this since the first day you got here."

I know what's coming but I'm not ready for him to say it.

"Farkle."

"Maya I like you a lot and I don't think you should be wasting your time on my brother or Freddie."

"Farkle it's not that easy."

"I don't need easy I just need you to tell me that you like me."

"Farkle I can't."

I feel like the worse person ever. My best friend is in love with me and I don't love him back.

Farkle rolls back over to his other side.

"I'm sorry Farkle," I sound like I'm about to cry.

"No I'm sorry."

"Can we still be friends?" I wish I didn't even have to ask this question.

"Of course Maya."

Over the course of one summer things have changed in ways that never changed in the whole 16 years I've been down here. Things were never going to be the same. I wanted to cry about everything but I didn't want Farkle to hear me. I took deep breaths and slowly began to fall asleep.

(Awww who else felt back for Farkle)