Chapter 10

Maya's POV

The park they take us to is the same park my mom took me to when she told me that my parents were getting a divorce. My parents got married at a really young age and then had me while they were still young.

My dad came with us that year for the first time but he ended up leaving the day before my mom told me about the divorce.

When we got back to the beach house later on that day I couldn't stop crying. Riley and Lucas were out fishing with Corey and Topanga and my mom were going out so they could talk. Farkle was supposed to hang out with his friend but Topanga made him stay back home with me.

The two of us sat on the couch and watched movies. Farkle let me cry into his arms a few times. He held me close and told me everything was going to be alright. I was an only child and Farkle told me that I would always have him.

"I've missed this place," my mom said.

"Me too," everyone said but me.

"What about you Maya?" Topanga asked.

"I haven't decided yet," I said walking over to Riley.

"Are you okay?" Riley asked.

"Yeah it's just my mom told me about my parents here," I said.

"Oh," Riley touched my shoulder.

"Hey mom where's dad?" Farkle yelled.

Topanga smile faded, "I'm not sure he is going to make it. He said he will try his best."

I looked over at Lucas to see if he was okay. He looked fine on the outside but on the inside he was probably hurting. Lucas was better at keeping things inside unlike Farkle.

"Let's not spend our time worry about Corey," my mom said, "Topanga packed a lovely picnic for us so let's enjoy."

All of us headed up to the tree and laid down a blanket. Topanga made a billion different types of sandwiches for us. We ate and told jokes about how stupid we were as kids.

Farkle had the idea for playing tag which none of us wanted to play. Topanga and my mom made us though.

Everyone stood up and Lucas yelled, "Okay Riley your it."

We all took off running in different directions and Riley began chasing us. She eventually caught up to Farkle and he came running after me. I ran behind a tree so I could get some air.

"Gotcha," Farkle yelled picking me and throwing me over his shoulders.

"Hey I don't think that's in the rules," I laughed.

"Nobody plays by the rules," Farkle stuck his tongue out.

"I do," I said sitting my tongue out too.

"That's cause your a nobody," Farkle laughed.

Farkle started spinning us around in circles but he tripped over his feet and we both fell. He landed on top of me but he quickly got up and gave me his hand to help me get up.

I looked at him for a moment and then smiled. I touched his shoulder for a moment.

"Tag," I said running away.