Chapter 6

Sarah POV

We made our way back to the manor, but it seemed like he was in a rush. I shrugged and enjoyed the ride anyways. When we came back, Bruce and Alfred had a private conversation in the kitchen. I minded my own business and went to change clothes. I changed into a black shirt, white gym shorts with my pink puppy slippers. I met Bruce in the TV room where he promised we would have movie night.

"Hey," I say, walking into the room. He laughs, "Nice shoes." I plop down on the couch and put a pillow on my lap. "Hey, leave my puppies alone." I smile, then continue, "So what are we watching?" He looks at the back of a movie case then places it back on the shelf. He shrugs. I roll my eyes and walk next to him, scanning the movie shelf. I randomly pick out a movie then take a glimpse at the back. "What's this about?" I ask, looking up at him. He looks at it and takes it out of my hand. "No." He places it back in the shelf. I sigh and keep searching.

I find the perfect movie. He tries to look at the case, but I pulled the case away. I covered his eyes with my hand, "Now it's your turn to get a surprise." He smiles, "I don't like surprises." I lead him to the couch. I put the CD in the DVD player, making sure he didn't peek. I turned off the light as the movie started. I let him look as the music to the movie came on. He laughed as soon as he heard it. Hey, what's up, dock, the TV said.

He looked at me. The pig started to stutter as usual. Looney Tunes. "Come on, you know you love this movie, Bruce." I smile. He nods and laughs. I lay my head on the arm rest and lay my legs on Bruce's lap. During the middle of the movie, I asked, "Where is Alfred?" "I don't know. Probably sleep." He answers looking at the clock. 12:09. "Well, he's missing all of the fun." I smile. Bruce nods with a small smile.

He just starts to look at me. "What?" I ask with a smile. "Nothing," He says. "Oh come on, Bruce. Is it my puppy slippers?" I raise my foot a little for emphasis. He laughs, "No," He lowers my leg back down onto his lap again. "It's just," He pauses, "I haven't had this much fun in years. Let's just put it like that." He smiles. "Well you just haven't had time to hang out with someone as fun as me. Let's just put it like that." I say. He laughs and nods. I get up and say, "I'll be right back." He nods then laughs at something Daffy said.

I go into the kitchen and look through the cabinet. I turn around from getting the popcorn bag. I put the bag in the microwave then put it on for 5 minutes. I turn around to a man covering my mouth with gloved hands. His white face and red smile. "Sh, sh, sh." He says, calmly. My eyes widen at the sight of his smile, noticing they were actually cuts. I scream in his grip but he flips out a switch blade. " Hush, my beautiful." He says with emphasis. He licks his lips as he looks besides me. "Don't say a word, or, you know." He says gesturing with the knife.

"What do you want?" I ask, quietly but fiercely as he releases his grip. He pushes me closer to him and puts his cheek against mine, his green hair tangling into my red hair. " See, you are a reporter, right?" He says as if he already knew. "Well, I need you to do a lot of things for me, and you are living with your billionaire boyfriend." "He's not my boyfriend and I'm not stealing from him." I refuse. "Oh, really?" He snaps. He grabs my face, angrily and pulls his switch blade out again. "Why so serious?"