Chapter 29: A Missing Face

Alfred POV

Selina was the first to join me in the kitchen as I cooked. "Morning, Alfred." She said in an emotionless sigh. "Good morning, Ms.Kyle." I reply, placing a pancake on a plate. "Have you seen Bruce?" I ask and she shook her head. "I feel really bad for him." She claims and I became a little shocked. "But weren't you the one to beat Sarah, and kidnap her along with Ivy and Harley?" I ask suspiciously and a bit disgusted.

"Yeah, but that was when I worked for Joker, and Harley actually convinced me to do it. I mean to go into business with Joker." She says and I still stayed a little upset with her, even after she apologized. I placed bacon and eggs on the plate and placed the plate on a tray. I left for Bruce's room, leaving Selina in some type of guilty emotion.

I opened the curtains to let in sunlight and the dark dim room bursted alive. He had kept his curtains opened for months, but now they were closed. The light woke him up and I replied, "Good morning, Master Wayne." "Leave me alone." He groaned, flipping to his other side, making his lightly bruised back face me.

"Get up, Wayne. You have somewhere to be today remember? I made breakfast, so get up." I demanded and he flipped to look at me angrily. "Do you really think I give a damn where I'm supposed to be today, Alfred?"

"You should give a damn. I understand how you feel, Bruce, trust me, I feel the same, but we need to go on with life." I replied calmly. "How, Alfred? Its not going to be how it was without her here." He said. "We just need to go on with life, like I said. Now, eat and get dressed, you've got an hour and a half to get ready for work. Wayne Industries needs you and Fox will be meeting you there too." I inform him and he sighed, angrily and sadly mixed.

Bruce POV

After I had got ate and got dressed, I made my way to the front door. Memories crashed as I remembered the bombing at the front of the house. I continued and grabbed my keys from inside of my hanging coat. That immediately triggered another memory when I let Sarah choose her own car to ride in. I shook my head, surprisingly with a smirk as I exited.

I was excused from the meeting at Wayne Industries to meet with Lucius.

"Did you here?" I ask as I enter his office. He pressed a button and the floor slowly started to descend. "Yes, well done, Bruce!" He said happily, patting my shoulder. "Taking out all of them one by one, getting Selina back on your side, then getting those 3 at the end! You have guts, Mr.Wayne-" He continued but I interrupted, "I'm not talking about that, Lucius." We walked through the large room, crossing Tumblers, Bats, and other things Batman could use.

"Well what are you talking about then, Bruce?" He asked, looking at me. I sighed before I answered, "Sarah left." His face became sad and apologetic. "Oh I'm so sorry, Bruce." I nodded and placed my hands in my pocket. I remember when Lucius gave Sarah her first tour of this place, she was so amazed and dazzled by all the equipment that was useful but not used.

"Have any clue where she went?" Lucius asked. I shook my head, "She left with a note." He briefly grunted, shaking his head, "Well let's get off of the topic, Harley's still out there and you know she's as crazy as the Joker, so I was hoping you'll accept a couple more supplies...."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everywhere I went, I had memories with Sarah and they made me grin, but also made even more sorrowful.

Nothing felt the same because she wasn't here, but Alfred was right, life had to continue on.

I sat on the couch watching TV with Selina. I scanned the channels and the news channel caught my eye. There was breaking news, circling around Harley Quinn.

As the closet ascended from the ground, Sarah's Midnight suit stood next to my Batman's. "I thought I should put it there for safe keeping." Alfred said over the loud waterfall with a faint smile. I looked back at him and nodded. I looked back at the two suits. I slowly opened the cases and pulled the Batman suit out.

"Ready?" Selina asked as I lowered my cowl. I walked over to the Tumbler. Even though it felt empty, I still lowered into the vehicle.

"Alfred, keep me updated."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------