Chapter 28: Mixed Emotions

Bruce POV

She left. When she kissed me before Selina and I left for town, this was why. Why she didn't go in the first place, this was why. Why Alfred left, this was why, just to give her the opportunity to leave.

I hadn't even suspected her to leave. I was furious she left with just a note. But I also understood. I understood that she couldn't tell me because I probably would've convinced her not to leave and probably would've made it worst. I understood she left for everyone's own good, including mines. I noticed I became determined to save Gotham tonight when she wasn't there. I thought I could save her and Gotham.

Even Batman couldn't handle it.

I was angry, regretful, understanding, sad, guilty, but most of all, heartbroken.

I loved when she was around, when she smiled, when we hugged, kissed, embraced, when we trained together, when we just had fun together. And something that wrecked my nerves, was that I never told her these things.

I never told her I loved when she smiled, or laughed, and changed her eyes to happy colors. I never told her that I loved when I held her in my arms and when she would wrap herself around me. I never told her many things and that provoked me.

I never told her I loved her.

But at the same time she was right. I did need time to get my head back in the game and start protecting Gotham a lot more. I needed for the city to be safe again and I'm happy she noticed and actually did something about it, under all circumstances. No matter how much I'm hurting, I know I am thankful, in some way. Deep, deep...deep deep deep deep down, I knew.

Alfred and I came to love Sarah, hot-headed redhead in all. I knew I brought her pain, so letting her go gave me hope she would heal from those mental, physical, and emotional scars. The arguments we had, all of that, it didn't matter now.

I hoped she will find better than me, but I wish she doesn't forget me.

Alfred

Precious Sarah left and I had the decency to leave her alone in the house. I should've found the absurd list of unnecessary groceries suspicious. But I trusted her and she took the chance and left.

She gave life to Bruce, something few people, not even I, could bring out of him. I felt the worst for him. By the looks and smirks he sent Sarah's way, I knew he had fell into something deep with her. She brought fun and joy to our lives and don't forget adventure.

And I hated that she left like this. Bruce have had this before, although he didn't believe me last time. I don't think Bruce deserves this, but she did have a point. We all knew, including Bruce, that Batman was becoming scarce due to her. And when he was out, he protected her the most. All she decided to do was the right thing and stop it before it went too far. People were dying in Gotham and she couldn't take it.

Sarah leaving was beneficial for the city, but a painful realization for us.

We knew she did the right thing, and we knew it was going to be difficult to get over it, but we had to manage.