Chapter 1

~Keeping distances~

(Y/n)'s P.O.V.:

I went back to my dorm, dragging myself like a zombie. My classes have just finished and I'm tired as hell. The good point though, is that, I'm finally prepared for my finals. Jack has helped me a lot with everything, and thanks to him, I can rest in peace for the time being.

I won't bother him too much though, I don't want him to get bad grades because of me or because I distracted him.

He is so nice, his soft auburn hair, spotless skin and beautiful blue eyes that sparkles brightly. He is not too muscular, he is thin, but he still has muscles, how it is possible I don't know since all I see him do is play games, read or study. I guess there is more to him than meets the eye. But I would love to know him fully too.

As I've noticed, he's shy, so he rarely talks to anyone except me and Greg. No wonder his mom worries so much. It is not obvious, my feelings for that guy, because I know how to hide emotions, but my love for Jack is strong. I don't know why, but ever since I first met him, I began falling for him, of course it wasn't love at first sight, I fell for him, not his looks.

We first met when our teacher paired us for an experiment, on the great frog who sacrificed its life for the sake of our studies. Turns out, Jack was really smart and knowledgeable, and also good with his hands as I noticed the way he neatly used the scalpel.

We did good together, I noted everything down as he spoke about them. We ended up getting each other's dorm numbers and phone numbers. And I ended up going to him whenever I had problems. And we ended up becoming friends.

I smiled fondly at the memory. I opened my dorm room only to release a shrill scream as I was tackled to the floor by a black haired creature.

"(Y/n)!" Edna looked at me cheerfully as I gave her a wild look. The passing students gave us looks, some laughed or mocked and the janitor looked at us disapprovingly.

"What are you doing in the doorway, get in!" She suddenly stood up and dragged me inside by my feet, closing the door behind me. I sat up and looked at her.

"What?" I asked the hyper girl as she sat by my side.

"You know Jennifer, right? The girl who's rumored to be in a cult" Edna looked at me and I nodded. "Well, I was walking by her dorm when I saw her entering. I got a quick glimpse of her room, and it was filled with red posters with stars surrounded by circles, and there was graffiti on the white walls too, but I only spotted a few characters, it said r, n and o, she really is in some cult!" Edna exclaimed and ranted on, but I only half listened, deep in thoughts.

"Rno..? What could that mean?" I spoke to myself until I noticed Edna saying something peculiar.

"I even saw her at the library reading some cult book" She told me.

"How do you know it was a cult book?" I asked her with raised eyebrows.

"Well, there was a strange demon like figure on the same page" she told me.

"Do you remember what it looks like?" I asked her. What's amazing about this blackhead is that she remembers every thing she's seen in detail for a couple days. "I want to know" I added.

"It had these huge horns, two giant dragon wings, and big claws for feet and hands" she told me, "the picture was in black and white though."

"Oh, that's a great job you did" I smiled and a look of proud took over her face "now tell me, what is the synaptic cleft?"

"U-uh... It is the space between synapse...?" She spoke meekly. I just shook my head and ushered her to study, after telling her the proper definition. After persuasion, she finally left to memorize some important terms.

I went to check up on Jack, only to find him standing at his door, talking with, you guess, Jenny. I stopped and waited till she left, and when she did, I stormed inside Jack's room.

"Jack" I closed the door behind me as he looked at me "don't talk to Jenny" I told him sternly.

"What? Why? I thought you wanted me to open up" he looked at me.

"Listen, I don't mind you opening up, but stay away from Jenny, she's involved with cults, and people like that are dangerous" I spoke seriously, Jack searched my eyes.

"Listen (y/n), I think she's a nice person, don't talk about about her like that okay?" He frowned at me.

"Jack, she is involved with cults! She is dangerous, what if she hurts you?!" I was shocked, he didn't believe me! He didn't believe his friend and chose to trust a random girl.

"I don't believe in cults, so just stop bad mouthing her, you shouldn't take your anger out on someone who doesn't deserve it, someone who is nice" Jack told me as his frown deepened. My mouth opened in shock.

"But Jack she-" I was cut off.

"That's enough!" Jack shouted at me, I froze in shock, "you will not talk another bad word about her, I've had enough of you!" He shouted and stomped over to me "now move!" Pushing me harshly to the side, he stormed out of the door.

Tears clouded my vision as I too, left the room, avoiding Greg who was about to come in. I went to my dorm, snapping shut the door I hurried to the bathroom before locking the door, turning off the lights and curling up against the door.

I cried silently in the dark bathroom, ignoring the calls Edna gave me, until eventually she gave and left, probably to return to her studies.

Jack's outburst scared me, and hurt me as well, he had shouted at for the first time. I can't believe he chose to trust a random girl instead of his friend. I am jealous of that girl Jenny, but hurt by his actions more so.

Nothing hurts more than when someone you love trusts someone else over you.

I just wanted to keep him safe, and I will do it, for his sake, for his mom's sake and for the sake of my love.

~From those you love~
________

I'm so sorry, I literally forgot I had to update T^T