Chapter 21

~Home isn't home anymore~

Eyeless Jack look at the human girl as her eyes were fixated on something behind him, he eyed the area but there was nothing. When he turned to look back at the girl, her eyes were still fixated on the empty spot, but she was shaking. He tugged slightly at her wrist as her gaze snapped to him. She screamed loudly as she began struggling hard, trying to pull her wrist away from him.

Eyeless Jack was confused, but he realized what was wrong with her. During his time as a serial killer, he has seen many victims, he has seen slender sickness, he has seen how to deal with it, and he has seen how the tall man drives his victims crazy.

Jack mentally let out a grunt, already dreading that he will have to care for her in that condition, partially hoping she will die quickly, and partially wishing she will live through this without much harm, but it was impossible, after all, this is Slender Man we are talking about. He never leaves his victims, he either takes them, or drive them insane, and Jack didn't wanted either of that to happen to the female. He knew she meant something to him, maybe she is connected to his life before he became this, he didn't knew, but he knew she was familiar and he wants going to let go unless he knows why.

The question still lingered in the back of his mind like a pest trying to bother him for eternity and he didn't want to live like that, he would get his answer no matter what.

She began clawing at her hand furiously, easily cutting through her frail skin, and he lunged at her, restricting her arms so that he won't harm any further. As he tried to hold her down, he slapped her hard, wishing it would bring her out of her trance, but it just made it worse. She began crying with tears flowing down her eyes like an endless stream. A shining object caught his eyes and he turned back to see that the flailing legs of the female were just over a huge bear trap. He saw the legs of the female touch the trap, and in one quick movement, he pulled away her leg away just before the trap closed, making a resonating metal clank, the sound stopped the female in her struggling as he saw her eyes visibly clear up.

(Y/n)'s P.O.V.:

I looked at my feet as EJ looked at me, I was embarrassed at how stupidly I acted.

"I'm sorry EJ" I apologized and he looked deeper at me.

"We don't have time for drama since you wasted a good amount of time back there so shut up" he spat out, he didn't seem angry but he was irritated. I winced at his hurtful words, as my chest constricted, I covered him trouble and wasted precious time. He is probably risking his life and identity to help me get clothes, and here I am, wasting the time that could've been used properly. If they return too soon, it will be trouble, and if they got their hands on EJ, it will be over for him, knowing this, he still took me. I felt bad, but he's right, I will feel bad later.

"See those ledges and pipe, we will be climbing that up" he pointed out as he spoke that. I nodded, realizing this must be how he climbed up my room I followed behind him till we reached the wall. He skillfully climbed up on the upper window sill. "Throw up the bag" he said and I did just that, and he grabbed it. I grabbed the pipe, and tried to climb. Emphasis on climb, I kept slipping, and just couldn't even reach a meter.

EJ groaned and I felt an aura of anger around him. He left me down and climbed up till he was on my window. Taking off his gloves, I watched him unlock the latch, not being able to follow how he actually did it.... is this how he gets inside the house of people? Maybe yes, or wait, completely yes. I still attempted to climb up, until EJ jumped down beside me. He gave me a spiteful glare that made me shrunk, I felt like I could fall into oblivion.

He brought me close to him, holding me tightly, and again, climbed up the pipes with such ease. He held me till I was inside my room. I took in a deep breath, the scent of home calming my nerves greatly. EJ jumped inside with the duffle bag.