Chapter 26

~Never let you go~

(Y/n)'s P.O.V.:

I was only reading quietly on the couch, it was late night, and EJ was out, and it was hard for me to sleep because I've been feeling excess paranoia these past few days.

I've tried to tell EJ about the shadow dance behind the tree and the occasional glance at the moon like face, but for some reason, I would always freeze and not be able to utter any words. I don't know why it happens, but I stopped drying after a good number of tries.

Until a couple days earlier when I got nightmares everyone I slept. If I would've been naive and didn't know about his methods of hunting, I would've never guessed, but since I'm not, I did, he is getting desperate.... or something like that, since I still show little to no effects of the slender sickness EJ spoke of.

I wonder if the tall noodle thins of me as a science experiment, which is weird because then I'll feel like a worm, if I already don't feel like that.

Anyways, as I was reading, the lights started flickering, making me jump up high. I hurried to the lamp and tried to fix it or something, but it didn't work. The lamp went out. With my heart pounding in my chest, I got off the couch, and blindly stumbled around the room until a found the light switch a good then minutes later.

When I turned them, I realized the power was gone for some reason. I sat step out, and during my stay here, I haven't found any generators either.

The sudden howling sounds and whoosing of With a and rustling of trees didn't help calm my nerves, and only made it worse. My breathing picked up when I heard knocks on the front door.

I didn't want to move, I wanted to freeze like a statue with no life, but my feet betrayed me when they started moving on their own. I resisted with all might, and began panicking when my hand reached out to the door knob, and just as my hand touched the cold metal object, I broke out of the trance and fell down on the floor on my butt, my eyes wide and my heart beating like a hammer.

I hurried to my feet and peeked out the window, and tried to calm my nerves when I found nothing there. I finally calmed down and turned around, only to scream louder than ever before as I saw the familiar moon like drop shaped blank face right in front of my face, almost touching my nose. What made matters worse was the mouth, it seemed as if his skin was ripped away to reveal the mouth with rows upon rows of deadly sharp teeth with a black coloured saliva.

I peeked my eyes off his face as soon as I saw it to avoid being frozen into a trance, and avoiding going missing. I ran away from the side and straight to EJ's room.

I badly wanted to run out to the woods, but that would only do more harm than any good it would do to me... maybe it might be beneficial for him. I hid under EJ's bed, so original, I know, but I had no choice. I saw his feet as he entered and man were they so freaking tall that it made me wonder how he fit into a house with a height lower than his.

I don't what to find out the answer to that question, and I didn't get enough time to think over it as I was pulled out from under the bed with a slimy object, and hung upside down the face of the Slenderman.

He examined me as I tried to hold up my top so that it won't fall over my face. And more of his tentacles appeared and wrapped themselves around me like I was a gift wrapping. I screamed at him to let me go and struggled as he tightened his hold on me.

It tightened to a point it got really hard to breath. He moved me closer to his ripped opens mouth and closer. I tried to struggle, but my vision was turning black, and my body was becoming numb.

I sat up with a shrill scream, feeling myself being shaken to death.

"(Y/n)! You're finally awake" EJ looked at me, he seemed surprised, maybe, I can't really see his face with that stupid mask of his.

I took a deep breath, trying to calm myself down, it was just a dream, nothing but a weird idiotic dream.

"Here" he handed me water and I thankfully gulped it down.

"Thanks for waking me up" I sighed, leaning against the couch I remember falling asleep in.

"What did you dream of?" He asked me, looking at me as I covered my face with my hands, my breaths were shaky as I attempted to calm my nerves.

"Slender Man" I told him and it was as if suddenly everything went silent.

"Have you gotten any weird symptoms lately?" He asked me out of the blue.

"Like?" I looked at him in confusion with a raised eyebrow from between my fingers.

"Like nausea, paranoia, hallucinations, fatigue, demencia and kind" he told me as he looked at me with an analyzing glance.

"Excpet for paranoia, no" I looked up at him, removing my hands to reveal my pale face.

He whispered some things to himself as he looked at me.

"Try not to fall asleep without me around" he then looked at me, the aura around suddenly became heavy "and don't, no matter what, don't touch the notes" he finished with a warning tone.

"The notes...? Yea... the notes" I whispered to myself, remembering about the eight notes. I nodded at his unasked question.

I looked outside the window and noticed it was late afternoon.

"Can we go out for fresh air?" I looked at EJ and he stopped on his way to his room. He turned back at me and after a pause he answered.

"Sure, but at daytime" he said and I nodded without any words as he went to his room.

I rubbed my eyes and yawned, pushing the nightmare in the far back of my mind as I got off my bed to cook something for myself and calm down my hungry stomach and thirsty throat.

Another yawn escaped me as I drank some water. Being drenched in sweat, I decided to take a shower, after I get my stomach fed.

I wonder if he really is getting more desperate. There is no doubt Slender is more persisting, why though? He must really love his victims if he's after them like a tail behind a dog or cat or fox, doesn't really matter.

What does is that how far will he go?

And how long will I be able to handle this?

-Timeskip-

I was sitting on the couch, wrapped like a burrito in blankets despite the melting heat outside, luckily, it was day, but my mind is completely utterly shaken.

I am avoiding sleep these past few days because of the terrifying homicidal nightmares that somehow end up with me in front of the notes in the woods.

And that ends with EJ slapping me awake and bringing me back home. I'm missing my family an awful lot.

The dreams, nightmares, and night terrors I've been having end up with me sleep walking, or sleep paralysis, which is even more terrifying.

EJ locks the house, but I don't know how, somehow, despite me not knowing how to pick locks at all, I end up outside.

I feel really guilty since he has to look after me, and my stupid.... condition.

This Slender thing is really making me awfully paranoid and scared. It's going to leave me scarred for life.

~I'll carry your scars~