Chapter 18

~Humane~

(Y/n)'s P.O.V.:

I peeked out from the front door and stared at EJ's leaving figure. He was finally, after some very weird preparations, going to his mission. Sure I won't be escaping anytime soon since he earlier told about me Slender man and his.... ahem... what he does to those who wander in his woods. I've decided to live and not leave this place unless I'm sure I won't get lost. Which I likely won't since I've always had a good sense of direction, even in labyrinths, but still, I don't want to get attacked and stray off path.... and end up getting lost in the middle of nowhere. At this point, I'm not even sure of I'm in the same country.

I felt a rough flick on my forehead which brought me to reality.

"Ow!" I held my forehead in pain, staring at the blue black figure standing ahead of me. "What was that for?!" I pouted as I exclaimed, not too loudly, I don't want to annoy EJ for no reason, or anger him since I know what might happen.

"Don't think about escaping, because if Slender won't get you, I will, and I will make sure it won't be pretty" he threatened with a dangerous aura surrounding him. I immediately nodded, he continued "and don't stare at me when I leave, you look weird, unsettling and creepy."

I said nothing at his offensive comment and just nodded again, if he is talking about me being unsettling and creepy, then I can't even begin to start with him when he stares at me. He stared at me for a few seconds, as if going over in case he forgot something, then spoke again.

"If I happen to come late, you better not lock the doors, and don't even think of touching my food" he warned me then turned on his heel and left. I gently closed the door since he said not to stare at him when he leaves, instead I opted to stare at his back from the window, hiding at the side so he won't see me. Which he probably didn't, and even if he did, he ignored it.

I sighed when I couldn't see EJ anymore, it's been a few days and I still haven't got a proper sleep. The fear is getting to me. I, afraid that if I fall asleep something will come in and attack me and kill me in my sleep. EJ won't care of course, he only care about the mess he will have to clean up if I die. But I do feel safe in his presence, maybe because I know, but I know I shouldn't, he is a cannibal, who knows when he decides to gut me in my sleep and eat my insides as I stare at him with lifeless eyes.

I shuddered at my thought then shook my head to clear up all the negative thoughts. Might as well do some chores if I'm being bored after all.

Starting with the dishes, which there were not many of them since I clean up after I eat, usually. It wasn't long before the dishes were clean and put away. Even when I was being so awfully slow. I sighed and went to the laundry room.

I saw EJ's bloody clothes and lit up. At least I'll have something to pass my time with. I started washing all the dirty clothes, and some clothes EJ got me that weren't mine, which most o them weren't. As I did my work, I realized why I was bored. EJ usually leaves at night, and at that time I'm too scared to count time, which still passes slowly but I get sleepy eventually and end up catching naps, with nightmares. So my nights pass by with me waking up after short scary nightmares, not often in sweat but most of the time with a burning body. Which is rather uncomfortable.

I wonder why I haven't watched the movies yet. In the shelf below the TV, there are rows and rows of movies lined up according to genre. Pretty cool, but I never watched them for some reason. It seems EJ.... does he even watch them, is this his house? No it isn't, I remember him telling he hands touched the other room, but still, if this house did belong to someone else in the past, then they must be really psyched up about movies.

I hanged the clothes after getting them from the dryer, to evaporate the remaining water and sighed. After taking a long shower, until my fingers shrunk to a the point they resembled prunes, I got out and got dressed in the clothes I had when I first came here.... more like was first brought here, but oh well. Since I've been sleeping less, I've been seeing less of this Slender guy, who had been haunting me in the past... few months, it's just I never realized, shrugging it off as a prank. Oh well.

I decided to clean the porch since I was at it, and since it was day too. The porch was really dirty, with leaves.... and animal shit. I made a disgusted face as I cleaned the area, only to freeze in shock as my eyes fell on the wall where the scratches were. Beside the previous scratches were new ones, compared, but they still seemed old, and were bigger, more deeper and dangerous looking, as if threatening the previous attacker to step off by showing dominance and power. I shuddered in fear as hurried inside and closed the door, not locking it since, EJ's orders, until I suddenly remembered that EJ had scratched on the wall to scare me. Was that what he was doing when he did what he did?

Seeing this almost reignited fear into every inch of being, if he wants, he can rip to pieces and there would be little I'd be able to do with it.

My legs started shaking like an earthquake as I slipped down the front door, and curled up right there in fear as tears filled my eyes.

Will he really kill me...? Who am I kidding, there is absolutely little to no chance of me surviving this, he will kill me... if he's kind, or maybe he'll use some painkiller, and make me watch as he devours my insides, and then kill me.

Suddenly, all of this, and a glimpse of the refrigerator reminded me that EJ was not human. He has no feelings like a human, and all he cared about is eating them. I'm a human, and I'm a walking bag of snacks for him. Yet, I can't bring myself to totally fear him, why? Because in this situation, he is the closest thing I have to comfort, even though he is the one who kidnapped me and brought me here. It is times as these that I miss my family, or rather, Greg and Mom.

Yet, one question remains unanswered, the most confusing of all. Why he still haven't eaten me? Or killed me? And, why in the first place did he brought me here for? If he wanted to just kill me, or eat me, he could've done that at my home, it would've been easier since he wouldn't have to drag my body all the way..... Then why..? EJ, do you have something in mind? What is it you're planning?

And what the fuck am I doing? Thinking this like a detective, this is useless, I'll just pull a long and see what happens, since there is nothing I can do at this point given escaping, or trying to escape would be like buying a death ticket, because there are many predators around here, and my biggest problem is the tall faceless guy.

I'll need a plan, one that is well devised, and has backup plans, since there is no surety that the first one will work. Oh god, what am I gonna do? He must've known I don't try to escape in fear, that asshole, he scared me on purpose, however, I will head to his warning instead of jumping in the forest because I'm offended he scared me. That would be stupid and deaths is for sure if not anything else..... I need to stop raving my mind, ow, that headache.

~Is Not Anything Anymore~