Thirteen

*Time skip to a few weeks ahead

Rayna's POV

Brendon and I haven't spoken much since he stayed the night at my house. I don't know if it was a good thing or a bad thing. He dropped me home after work that day, and I told him that maybe we should wait a bit before becoming an item, because I was far from ready for a relationship, and he took it well. Well, I thought he did. I didn't mean we should stop talking, I just wanted to be friends for a while. I don't know, I'm kind of enjoying the peace and quiet, although it does really hurt, because I can't tell if he's mad at me or done with me.

I was currently at work, but on my lunch break. I went to the cafe next door for lunch. After all, I did technically get a staff discount, and I may as well save my money. I ordered my usual chicken caesar salad and waited at a table in the corner. I scrolled through twitter, since I hadn't been on it in a week or so. I much preferred other social media over twitter, but I used it to keep up to date with my favourite celebrities. The first new tweet that came up was from Brendon.

brendonurie: I miss ya!

Who's he missing? The tour family? The fans? Me...? Or another new girl...? I continued scrolling down my feed and saw another tweet from him.

brendonurie: Talk to me.

This is weird, it's like he is indirecting me with these messages. I shook it off and pressed on the DM icon.

brendonurie: Rayna, I miss you. Are you okay?

I looked down at his message to me and sighed.

ray_kingston: I miss you too. I thought I upset you.

brendonurie: I just thought I should give you some space.

ray_kingston: If you're free this weekend, do you want to hang out?

brendonurie: Of course I do, when and where?

We sorted out the details and honestly, it felt good talking to him again. I really did miss him a lot. I get to see him in a day, and he's taking me out for dinner. I smiled while thinking about being able to catch up. I continued to eat my salad with a big smile on. My life was noticeably crappier without him to be honest.

~~~~

I got home and called Priya. I hadn't seen her in a few days and I knew she had about 3 days off in a row. "Hey girl hey!" She said when she picked up. "Hey Pree, wanna stay over tonight?" I couldn't be asked being alone, and I had to tell her about Brendon. She was always asking me if we had spoken yet, and saying that he's 'missing out'. "Of course I do, is that even a question? I'll be over in 20." She said, hanging up. I smiled and got changed in to a comfy but cute outfit, and cleaned up my house a little bit.

Priya arrived within half an hour and we instantly got in to catching up, even though we saw each other a few days ago. "Any news?" I asked her, starting the conversation. She smiled and nodded. "I met someone." My eyebrows raised and I gasped. "When? Where? Who? How?" I started getting hyped up. Priya has always had problems finding someone to be with. "Okay, I was at work, and there was someone ordering a coffee and I wrote my number on their cup, and they texted me!" She exclaimed. I noticed she hadn't used a pronoun for the person. "Oh my god, Pree! I am so happy for you!" I said, giving her a hug. "And, um, Ray, I haven't told you this but... I think I'm gay. The person who's number I got was a girl, and her name is Jessica." She said this very quietly. I smiled even wider, if that was possible, and hugged her. "Aw Priya, you know I'd never judge you for that. I'm happy if you're happy." I said and she hugged me back.

"So what about you? Anything new?" She asked after we finished talking about Jessica. I smiled and shrugged, hinting that there was actually something to talk about. "Oh my god, what Rayna?" She hit my leg softly and smirked. "Well, Brendon messaged me. We're going on a date tomorrow night." I said, hiding my face and giggling out of happiness. She grabbed my shoulder and gasped. "Really? Oh my god. I was so worried he would ditch you and break your heart. I'm so happy he messaged you, Ray. I know you were really hurting, even though you didn't show it to me." I loved how supportive she always was about everything. I hugged her again and told her about the conversation Brendon and I had had earlier in the day.

We finished the night by piling blankets on top of ourselves and watching youtube and Netflix. We were catching up on some episodes of The Vampire Diaries. "Ugh I really hate Katherine." Priya groaned and I laughed. "Me too, and so does every other person that watches The Vampire Diaries, hun." I said, clicking on the next episode. My phone buzzed a little way through the episode and I checked it, seeing Brendon had texted me.

Brendon: I am really sorry, Rayna, I hope you know that.

Rayna: So am I. But there's nothing for you to apologise for, we didn't even have an argument. It's fine, truely.

Brendon: I can't wait to see your beautiful self tomorrow. Have a good sleep, Rayna. X

Rayna: I can't wait either. Sweet dreams, B. Xx

I smiled to myself and locked my phone, averting my attention back to the laptop screen. Tomorrow night will be interesting, to say the least.

A/N: I apologise this chapter is a little shorter, but yeah I thought I'd switch it up a bit! I hope you are all having a good day/night/whatever. Lots of love,

Amber xox.