Thirty-One

Rayna's POV

I awoke to my phone ringing. I groggily rolled over and groaned loudly, expressing my annoyance. I glanced at the clock on my bedside table and noticed it was 10am. I grabbed my phone and checked the caller ID. I answered as soon as I saw it was Priya calling. "Yeah?" I spoke in to the voice and my voice croaked. I cleared it and listened as she rambled loudly. "Oh my god, Rayna. What in the fuck happened? Where are you?" She sounded angry and worried. "What? Priya, I just woke up." I complained, sitting up and rubbing my head. "Rayna. What happened with you last night? Brendon called me frantically saying something about you storming out." Priya breathed out and spoke slowly, clearly trying to get her message across. I scoffed and leaned my forehead in my palm. "Just ask him. I need to go get ready for work. I'll talk later." I said, hanging up and not giving her time to talk.

I needed to think this whole situation over and put myself in his shoes. What was going through his mind when it happened? I sighed and continued to slowly spread peanut butter on my toast. I checked my phone and noticed that I had 5 missed calls and 10 texts from Brendon. I scrolled through them and instantly felt my heart sink at each one.

8pm:

Brendon: Rayna please

Brendon: Rayna I'm fucking sorry

11pm

Brendon: Pleasde come back

Brendon: I'm so sorry pleqse forgiev me

Brendon: I klove you Rayna I'm trying to drjnk my sadness auway

Brendon: I told Pirya and aslo I miss you

I felt my eyes well up with tears as I read each word, feeling a pain in my heart. I checked the time and realised I needed to get ready quickly for work. I'll sort out the drama later. I wolfed down my toast and threw a black shirt and black jeans on, then chucked my supplies in my bag. I locked the front door behind me and sprinted a metre to my car. I plugged my phone in to the aux cord quickly and brushed the emotions off as much as I could while shuffling my happy playlist. I bopped my head along to the beat of each song on my way to work, pushing the bad thoughts right out of my mind.

I pulled my car in to the parking lot near the bookstore and sped over to the store. I pushed the door open, being greeted with the nice smell of books, old and new. I greeted a few customers before taking over for my workmate. I put my bag behind the counter and checked in. "Good afternoon, how's your day going?" I said, welcoming a new customer in to the store. He turned to me and smiled. "Good, thank you. Do you have any Lord of the Rings books in store?" He asked, scratching his white hair. "Of course! If you'd come with me, I'll show you." I showed the old man to the section, and then helped him with his purchase. "Thank you, m'lady. Have a good day." He said, smiling and walking off. "You too! Thank you." I said, with a big smile adorning my face.

A/N: GUYS IM SO SO SO SORRY THIS CHAPTER IS SHORT, I've been dealing with some major family problems and I have so much stress on me right now and I apologise. I'm so sorry. Lots of love,

Amber xox.