Chapter 11: We Get A Prophecy

Another week passes by, bringing another boring Monday. More classes, more meals, same old same old. Leo and I tended to hang out a lot. It felt great that things didn't need to be so awkward anymore. I hung out with Kylie and Piper a lot too. Although, hanging out with Kylie was basically playing volleyball. The one person I hadn't seen in weeks was Jonah. I missed seeing him. I mean he was my best friend. I felt so terrible for not seeing him in so long. I'd have to find him sooner or later.

To make it even better, I still hadn't been claimed (note the sarcasm). Like I said, I'm choosing not to care. Besides, it not like I was expecting to be claimed this week.

I was wandering around alone after archery. It was free time, and I really just wanted some alone time. Like I said, I spent a lot of time playing volleyball or hanging out with other people. I needed a break, you know, to clear my head. I let my feet move my body across camp, not exactly sure where I was going. Before I knew it my feet had taken me down to the stables. I found a love for flying as much as I liked knife throwing as a choice weapon. I made my way through the barn past the many pegasi; Blackjack, Guido, Porkpie. I finally got down to the other end to the last stall. In the stall was a stunning white pegasus. The only thing that was different about this particular pegasus was that she was freckled with many tiny little black spots, like vanilla bean ice cream. The others were all plain colors but this one.

"Hey there Belle," I smiled, stroking her muzzle.

Belle let out a soft neigh, nudging my hand. Sometimes I wished that I was able to talk to horses like Percy. Being the son of Poseidon and all, he was able to do that. Only I wasn't Poseidon's kid, so I couldn't. Over my time being here, I had always used Belle during pegasi training. It was some sort of miracle that she found someone that she could get along with. Apparently I was the only one Belle didn't try to attack when they rode her. I guess you could call her mine, even though she technically belonged to the camp.

I fed Belle a couple pieces of carrots that I brought her, her favorite treat.

"Alright, ready for a ride?" I smiled opening her stall.

Belle let out another neigh, catching on to what we were doing. I led her outside, mounting myself over her back, before taking to the skies.

The wind blew into my face as I flew over the camp. I tried to let all of my thoughts go. Flying made me feel amazing and really helped when I was feeling stressed. We raced down to the water. I leaned down letting my hand trail along the water, spraying it out to the beach. I looked out to the sound. The sun was setting in pastel colors. I felt a lot calmer now. After what's happened in past few weeks, I felt so much better. Riding Belle always did.

After a few rounds of flying around the camp, I suddenly noticed a large crowd of campers gathered by the big house. I heard a lot of voices and gasps and people drew in. I landed Belle near the crowd sliding off of her.

"What's going on?" I asked.

"Shhhhhh!" one girl said to me.

Confused, I pushed my way to the front of the crowd to see a red headed girl collapsed into Piper's arms.

"What's this about?" I asked her.

She put her finger to her lips and mouthed "prophecy". I was still confused but I shut up.

Suddenly the girl's eyes opened started glowing green. Her mouth opened and and green mist started to flow from it. She started to speak, but nothing like I thought she would, in a deep raspy voice,

"Four half-bloods shall go to the home
The origin of the Olympian Throne

To save history from repetition
Returning hope to its rightful position