Chapter 20

"Hansol... what are you doing here?"

Seungkwan walked backwards as Hansol entered his room and shut the door behind him.

"I came to look for you because you were taking too long." He answered. "But I heard some interesting stuff."

"Does everyone has to hear every private conversation?" Seungkwan asked trying to hide his nervousness.

"I don't know if you've noticed, but I'm investigating something and I think that you're part of it." Hansol said looking at him.

"I don't know what you're talking about..."

"I'll ask again. What did you mean with Jae-sung can't come back now?"

"Hansol..."

"Answer me!"

"I was just talking to Jae-sung over the phone. We do this all the time. He can be two steps away and he'll call me. We all know how lazy he is, right?"

"Seungkwan... if you don't tell me the truth now... our date is canceled."

"You're kidding..." Seungkwan said incredulous. "I've waited for this to happen again for years! You can't do this to me now!"

"Well... this is your ticket to our relationship. Take it or leave it." He said before looking into his eyes. "Seungkwan, just answered this question and we can go back the way we were."

"I love you. Isn't that enough?" He asked with little hope in his eyes.

"Not for me..."

Those words broke Seungkwan's heart. He looked away feeling tears in his eyes.

"Then, get out..."

"Seungkwan, don't do this..."

"You're the one who's doing this!" Seungkwan screamed. "Get out of my room!"

"Fine..." Hansol whispered before sighing. "But I will discover what you and Jae-sung are hiding."

Hansol left slamming the door. Seungkwan fell to the floor crying without knowing what to do.

                 *******

Two weeks later, Hansol was sitting while eating along with Joshua and Jeonghan. He was playing with his food without noticing that Joshua was looking at him. There was an awkward silence until Joshua spoke.

"Hansol, what's wrong?"

"What?" Hansol asked coming back to reality. "Nothing..."

"You've been acting weird for a while. Now that I think about it... Seungkwan has been acting strange too. What's going on between you two?"

"Oh... the usual. You know..."

"Tell me." Joshua insisted before taking Jeonghan's hand. "Maybe we can help."

"I'm sure you can't help... and I don't want Jae-sung's help."

"Hansol, respect please..." Joshua said looking at him. "Talk to me then."

"Fine... we had a big fight, alright?" Hansol answered. "I'm not even sure if we're a couple or something related."

"Okay... what did you do?"

"What did I do?!"

"You were the one who ruined your relationship with him in high school. I'm sure you're doing it now... probably for something stupid again."

"First of all, we broke up because of his ways-"

"You broke up with him because he was the king of gossip and your horrible friends were making fun of you for going out with him."