Chapter 32

Joshua was sitting in his office staring at the wall. Thankfully, Jae-sung was not there when he came back to his mansion. He was informed by Wonwoo and Chan that he refused to listen to them. He just screamed at them that they were wasting their time because he was not getting divorced. At the end, he went out of the mansion with his luggage stating that he would be back.

Joshua didn't know what to do with his life at the moment. In his mind there was no doubt that he needed to take responsibility for the baby Jeonghan was expecting. The only problem was that he didn't want this. His plan was to get married and have children, not to get a stranger pregnant and divorce his husband at the same time. Still, he knew that he didn't have a choice.

Joshua couldn't help, but to feel angry, confused, and stupid. He could only think about everything that he just discovered. He was so immerse in his thoughts that the only thing that brought him back to reality was the tone of his phone.

"Hello?"

"Joshua, I am so sorry. You have no idea-"

"It's fine, Eunhyuk." Joshua said interrupting his coworker. "Your son's reaction was prove enough to confirm that he didn't know that Jae-sung was married. I don't blame him."

"I really just want to apologize. This has affected me so much. You are like a son to me and... Seokmin is my biological son. I can't imagine how you feel."

"I'm not fine right now, Eunhyuk." Joshua admitted before changing the subject. "We need to make another appointment to fix our contract and finish it."

"You still want to work with Seokmin?" Eunhyuk asked surprised.

"As I said... I don't blame him. If he is willing to work with me, I'll try to concentrate on our work. No Jae-sung or anything related to this issue."

"I have to admit, I'm surprised that you are willing to give him the opportunity."

"I'll need a distraction from my divorce and this... issue I have." Joshua excused himself. "I want this to work out too. Just because my love life is a disaster, it doesn't mean that my job has to end the same as well. Besides, you and my father had been my role models. I owe you a lot for helping me choose this career."

"Well, I'm not against that. I'm sure that Seokmin does not feel any resentment towards you. If I have to be honest... I'm worried about you and my son. He cried a lot. I'm just lucky that he's not one of those who gets drunk to forget." Eunhyuk said before sighing. "I'm sure you feel the worst now in this situation."

"I've been trying to contain myself. It's not a good idea to make a scene about it."

"You've been a good man, Joshua. I'll tell Seokmin about this. I'm sure he will be grateful for the opportunity."

"Yeah... well, I have to go now. I still need to process everything that happened today." Joshua said.

"Alright, but whatever happens... you know I'll be here for you."

"Thanks..."

Eunhyuk and Joshua hung up after saying their goodbyes. Joshua put his hands on his face resting his elbows on the desk. The mansion was silent since Hansol, Seungkwan, Seungcheol, Woozi, and Mingyu were at the hospital with Jeonghan. They will not go back to his mansion because Joshua told them that he wanted to be alone. Hansol decided to invite them over to his house for the night. His maids were at their own house taking care of their families. The only ones that were present in the mansion were Chan, Wonwoo, and the night guards.

Joshua was there in his office thinking. That was the only thing he felt like doing. The silence was almost impossible to bear, but not for long. Suddenly, noises were heard and a familiar voice was heard. The last voice he wanted to hear at that moment.

Joshua stood up from his chair and walked out of his office. He wasn't in the mood for drama. So, with all the respect he had for his neighbors, he went downstairs to stop whatever it was going on outside. He went to the main door of the mansion and opened it before speaking.

"Could you shut up? The neighbors might get angry."

"Great... now that I have your attention, I would like you to let me in."

"Jae-sung, I'm tired and I don't have time for your games." Joshua said sighing.

"This is not a game! I live here and you need to let me in. The guards didn't receive orders from you to keep me out of the mansion. This indicates that I still have rights to be here." Jae-sung said trying to get inside, but Joshua stopped him.

"Jae-sung, you took your luggage with you and that means that you had a place to stay."

"I don't have one, okay? I just didn't want to hear what those losers wanted to tell me. So, I left."

"Seokmin wasn't where you thought you could find him, right?"

"I- you are talking nonsense. I don't know who-"

"Lee Seokmin is my future coworker, Jae-sung. I know everything about you two. You can stop pretending now."

"I- well... I'm gonna leave him. He isn't like you." Jae-sung said. "I prefer my soulmate and that is you."

"No, I am not. You are not my soulmate and I can assure you that I am not yours." Joshua said. "You can go now..."

Joshua tried to close the door, but Jae-sung stopped him. When he looked up, he saw it. His husband... he could see in his eyes that look of regret. A look that reminded him of the first day they met.

"Please, Joshua. I have nowhere to go. You know how my parents are. Just... just give me time, please."

Joshua just stared at him a little contemplating his opinions.

                 *******

Nervous. That was how Jeonghan felt. He was discharged from the hospital at seven in the morning by Yoongi. His stress levels went back to normal, but he was advised to go to the hospital again next week to be sure. Of course, he knew that he was being treated with favoritism because Joshua was his baby's father. Not only because of how the employees took care of him at the hospital, but also because Yoongi had told him. He just said "Since your baby is Joshua's, I'll give you an appointment for next week. No one will noticed that I have a pinch of favoritism with that alien your carrying in there."

He knew better than to feel offended, but he has always been from a poor family. No matter how much time he spent impersonating his brother, he was still not accustomed to having everything go as he wanted. It was just uncomfortable for him... but it wasn't as uncomfortable as that moment.

He was currently inside a limousine sitting next to Joshua. It was an awkward situation since they saw each other when he was being released. He could tell that Joshua was in another world. In all the time he lived with him, he learned how his expression was serious every time he was thinking of something that required all of his concentration.

"Is something wrong?" He asked nervously.

"Honestly, yeah... but it's nothing of your concern." Joshua answered with a cold tone in his voice.

After those words, they stayed quiet. Once they arrived at the mansion, they passed the gates of the entrance, and when the limousine stopped, a guard opened the door while frowning. Jeonghan was the first to step out and once Joshua was by his side, they walked to enter the mansion.

Everything was silence, which was weird for Jeonghan. His friends told him that they would welcome him back, but apparently they weren't there.

"But look who we have here..." A voice was heard from the stairs.

Jeonghan froze right where he was standing. He almost felt like he could not breathe. Jae-sung was walking down the stairs wearing a bathrobe and a towel wrapped around his hair.

"Long time no see..." He said with a sarcastic smile on his face.

"Jeonghan, from now on there will be rules in this mansion."

After hearing those words, Jeonghan realized that his nightmare was not over.

To be continued...