Chapter 27

Jeonghan stayed frozen for a moment. He couldn't think of an answer because of the unexpected situation he was in. Jae-sung never mentioned a tattoo and he was pretty sure that he never read it in the binders he had to study.

"Jae-sung?" Joshua asked making him come back to reality.

"Yes?"

"The tattoo... where is it?"

"Oh... I- I don't know... I don't see my back that often." Jeonghan answered mentally cursing at himself for such a dumb answer.

"You better be kidding, Jae-sung. A tattoo doesn't just go away like that."

"I... of course I'm kidding." Jeonghan answered. "The truth is that I... got rid of it."

"What do you mean you got rid of it? You can't do that."

"Yes, I can. It's my body, Joshua." Jeonghan said feeling a little confident. "I went to a few laser tattoo remover sessions to remove the tattoo."

"How...?"

"Don't worry... it was completely safe. I know about this things."

Jeonghan wasn't lying. He was not an expert on the topic, but he did research everything about tattoos when he wanted one as a teenager. He searched from how a tattoo is done to how to remove it in case he regretted it.

"But you..." Joshua started without knowing what to say.

"Joshua, it's fine. It was just a tattoo." Jeonghan tried to reassure him.

"How can you say that?" He asked offended. "You got that tattoo on our anniversary. You said that it was my gift and that it represented your love for me. Of course I knew that in reality you wanted to use your money for yourself, but I liked it. I can't believe what I'm hearing!"

"I... I'm sorry..."

"It doesn't matter anymore." Joshua answered standing up. "I need some time alone..."

"Joshua, it's not fair!" Jeonghan whined. "It's been a month since you noticed I didn't have that tattoo. Why does it matter now? We have something more important than that and you know it. We're going to have a baby. That's more special than an anniversary tattoo."

Joshua sighed without looking at him. He knew he might be exaggerating, but that tattoo was special to him. The only reason he was mad about it was because his husband cheated on him. Now, that that tattoo was gone... he couldn't think of anything else, but that Jae-sung was erasing their love when he was away.

"As I said before... I need some time alone."

Before Jeonghan could utter a word, Joshua was out of his sight.

*******

Mingyu was walking through the halls minding his own business when he heard his name. He stopped walking once he heard a familiar voice. As usual, he immediately walked closer to the door and tried to listen to the conversation.

"What are you doing?" Someone asked scaring him.

"Oh my God! Why do you want to kill me?! I'm not Jae-sung!"

"I apologize..."

"Yeah? Well, you could have killed me, Hansol. What if I had a heart attack? You'll be all like "I'm sorry for killing you, Mingyu". For the love of God..." Mingyu said putting a hand over his chest.

"Hey... that didn't happen. Relax a little." Hansol answered. "What are you doing?"

"I was trying to listen. I heard someone mentioning my name and I'm curious."