38. Pretty Boy

Areum's point of view:

"Ahh there he is!" I popped, waving at Jimin until I caught his attention.

Jimin looked around until he noticed me and Taehyung at the gate, waiting for him. He zig zagged through the other students in the courtyard and made his way over to us. "Hey." He smiled, his eyes squinting shut.

"It's about time," Taehyung scoffed, putting his arm around me out of habit. "What took you so long?"

"And where's Seoyeon?" I asked, cutting Jimin off before he could answer Taehyung's question.

"Oh, I thought she'd be with you." Jimin answered, his expression matching mine as we wondered where Seoyeon was.

"Come to think of it I've not seen her since our last lesson." Taehyung said completely unbothered with it.

"I'll ring her." I popped, pulling my phone from my pocket. I scrolled through my contacts and found her number, pressing it and watching the call go through.

"Well?" Jimin hummed.

"She's not answering." I said quietly. "Where could she be?" I looked up at Taehyung, his face changed from his uninterested one to a more soft and concerned one.

"Areum, don't worry. Wherever she is she'll be fine." He said, nodding in reassurance.

"But, she had a tough day. With everyone still on her case. I hope she's okay." I added, becoming more and more worried about Seoyeon.

"This isn't the old Seoyeon anymore." Jimin said. "She's stronger now and I am more than sure she's fine." He added, nodding his head along with Taehyung.

I still wasn't sure. I know Seoyeon is recovering well now and I know she's going strong but for some reason I feel uneasy without her. I just want her to be okay. I looked over at Taehyung and Jimin who were taking the situation light heartedly. If they knew she was okay then I should have the same belief.

I smiled back at them. "You're right, she's okay." We began to make our way down the road until we came to a point where we had to split off with Jimin.

"Ahh maybe we should go this way to check if Seoyeon is at home." I popped, tugging at Taehyung's arm and walking in Jimin's direction.

"Areum!" He whined. "I'm tired, let's go home." He grabbed my arm and yanked me away.

"But-"

"It's okay Areum. I'll give you a call if she's at home." Jimin smiled.

"But-"

"And anyway," Taehyung popped, cutting me off this time. "My mother wanted to see you."

"Me? Why?" I asked, my attention fully turned to Taehyung.

"Why not? Can she not spend the afternoon with her future daughter-in-law?" He retorted, his iconic smug smirk appearing on his face.

"Whaaa.. wha..." I stuttered. I could feel my face go red and I was heating up fast and all Taehyung did was stand there, his arms crossed, still smirking.

"Ahh, he's just lying." Jimin laughed, coming up behind me. "His mom is out of town for the week, which means he just wants to spend time with you.... alone." He chirped.

"That doesn't make it better." I mumbled under my breath.

Jimin quickly took off before Taehyung could catch him for catching him in his lies. "Have fun!" He yelled, chuckling at both of us.

"Hey, why are you red?" Taehyung asked, pointing at my face like I was an alien.

"What..um.. I'm not red.." I spluttered, trying to hide my face with my bangs that fell in front of my eyes.