Chapter 28

Bonjour everybody!  I hope you'll like this chapter. Don't  forget to vote and I'll be waiting for your comments ♡
Edit:-
(I am sorry guys I don't know why wattpad is unpublishing this chapter again and again . I apologize for unwanted noticification )

Author's POV

Street lights shined over heavenly white snow making her almost forget that she was shivering . She wrapped the thick blanket around her petite body  before securing the orange cat in her arms .

Winter had arrived little early this time but no body was expecting   snow in early November . She had always hated winter but now the season had started to charm her .

She let out a sigh before picking the cup of freshly brewed coffee  from nightstand .The cat abruptly jumped out of her lap and decided to curl into a ball on carpeted  floor.

Looking back at window she caught a glimpse of flashing of a camera that almost made her jump . She felt her breath hitched as she saw a tall , dark, hooded figure running away . He had definitely realized that he got caught .

Saying that she was scared would be very wrong because she wasn't . Not at all . She didn't even try to call the cops  . She knew who was doing it . She was still finding it hard to accept the fact that he went this low .

It had been a week since she warned him in Paris but it seemed he hadn't took her serious . She was beyond furious . She slammed the cup back on nightstand in fit of fury and picked her phone up and dialed the number she thought she would never ever dial again  .

Every ring was slowing down her heart beat but she knew she was stronger than that . Stronger than that woman who let him hurt her . Stronger than that fragile ,vulnerable,  dependent woman she once was .

"Hello ?" Hearing his deep voice made her heart skip a beat and she mentally cursed herself for this .

Aaron reluctantly closed the laptop in front of him and pressed his eyelids close and sighed before openeing them again to greet bright light coming from several light bulbs in his office .

He turned his head to gaze out of window , on the other side of the window was snow covering the garden of his luxurious , vintage style mansion .

The beautiful sight should've graced his face with a smile but his heart was drowning into the sea of his sorrow caused by sins he had committed.

He was shaken back to reality as voice of his phone ringing reached his ears . He lazily picked it up without realizing that the caller's id was unknown .

"Hello?" He asked and heard nothing for first few moments but when the person on the other side spoke he felt a tug in his broken heart .

"That was a low blow Aaron . How dare you try to invade my privacy like that . Don't you have any shame . I so am sick of your bloody tactics now" she screamed but he didn't even flinch . He was still busy trying to wrap his head around the fact that she called him .

"Don't you dare send another of your men near my house ever again . Get it ?" She practically screamed at the top of her lungs .
All the senses rushed back to him . And his heart skipped a beat in fear .

"Rachel honey please calm down and tell me is someone outside your house at the moment ?" He tried to sound as calm as he could but what she just said made all the colors fade from his face and filled his heart with fear . And he was losing his senses .

He heard a sarcastic laugh from the other side before he heard her speaking again .

"Why don't you call him and ask by yourself " he closed his eyes for a mere second and ran his free hand through his chocolate brown hair trying his best to keep calm . He was never this scared in his life before .