Eight

Jimin freshened up quickly and sat on his bed waiting for Taehyung's call or text messages. He thought about Jungkook and blushed hard still in disbelief that his crush was finally noticing him. Yet, he felt bothered about Taehyung. It was a few minutes past three and he was already dozing off out of boredom when his phone started buzzing.

His eyes flung open and he picked up his phone to see a message on the screen. His heart beat faster as he read the message.

Hey Jimin, I'm at the park waiting for you. I have something to show you.

That was all the message said. He had a mixed feeling about it but he just let it be. He checked his image in the mirror and fixed himself before leaving the dorm. He felt anxious and his hands were sweating profusely. He also felt awkward and he couldn't understand why. All he knew was that he had to meet Taehyung and apologize for his behavior.

The walk felt so long but he finally reached there. The first thing he saw was blonde bright hair. Taehyung had changed his hair color. He was sitting on a bench looking down at something and Jimin was shaken by how handsome he looked. He shook his head and took a deep breath.

"Taehyung!" He shouted.

The younger looked up and their eyes met. His face lit up in a smile and he waved his hands. Jimin sighed in relief. He was glad that he didn't look angry at him. He waved back and walked towards him. Taehyung stood up as soon as Jimin reached him.

"Hey!" he muttered.

"Hey!" he whispered back.

"Hey, let's sit down" Taehyung said and they sat together. Jimin twisted his fingers nervously and looked down then turned to Taehyung.

"Your hair...it looks good" he muttered.

"Thank you" Taehyung whispered.

Jimin nodded with a tight smile. There was an uncomfortable silence until he finally took a deep breath "I'm sorry about yesterday..." He blurted out.

Taehyung smirked "You were a bit freaky Jimin"

Jimin blushed furiously. "Yeah, I was just too drunk"

Taehyung smirked . "It's okay. It wasn't that bad"

Jimin blushed harder and looked at Taehyung. "What the hell Tae?"

The latter smirked. "The kiss...it wasn't that bad. I liked it"

Jimin nudged him on his shoulder. "Stop that..."

Taehyung wrapped his arms around his neck "It's okay Jimin, I was startled at first but I thought about it, having my first kiss with my best friend is more than I can ask for"

Jimin was shocked to hear that. "You mean that was your first kiss? But you always had girlfriends when we were in highschool"

"Which never went past hugging and cuddling"

Jimin smiled to himself and looked at the paper Taehyung was holding in his hands.

"What is that?" he said pointing at it.

"Oh, it's the song I was writing, the one I told you about. I finished it this morning and I wanted you to be the first person to hear it"

Jimin clapped his hands excitedly.

"Wow, Tae, that's awesome. Let me hear it. I want to hear it"

Taehyung flashed his box smile and cleared his throat. He began singing and Jimin thought his voice was the sweetest thing he had ever heard. Jimin had heard Taehyung singing before but this time, there was something about his voice that felt soothing and calm. The lyrics resonated within Jimin's mind and he felt himself staring at every angle of Taehyung's handsome face.

One day, I wrote a long long letter to the moon.
It would not be brighter than you
But I lit a small candle .
At a dusty park, a nameless bird sings where are you? Oh Oh oh.. oh you!

He grabbed Jimin's hand and squeezed it tightly making sure they held eye contact as he kept singing. Jimin was feeling so many emotions at once. He didn't know how to react but one thing he knew was that he loved being here with Taehyung

Why are you crying?
You and I are the only ones here.
Me and you. Oh oh oh.
Oh you

Following into the deep night, the sound of you singing
Brings the red morning
A step and another step.
The dawn passes and when that moon falls asleep, the blue shade that stays with me disappears.

When he finished, Jimin clapped so hard, tears threatening to fall from his eyes.

"That was beautiful Tae"

Taehyung looked really happy watching the smile on Jimin's face light up as his eyes turned into crescent moon. "You really like it?"

Jimin nodded and Taehyung stared at him. "Because that was dedicated to you"

"Me?"

"I thought of you while I was writing the song" he added

Jimin's heart panged very hard and he felt weird. He just chuckled. "That's nice of you Tae"

He stopped for a while and then continued. "So what are you going to do about it?"

"I might probably release it but for now it's my personal treasure"

Jimin nodded. "It really is wonderful"

Taehyung got up. "Are you hungry? Let me take you out for lunch, my treat"

Jimin got up too "Alright, but I also want kimbap"

"No problem at all" Taehyung replied and they both laughed. They left the park together and from time to time, their hands would brush past each other's.

Taehyung stopped walking and looked at Jimin. "Do you wanna hold hands?"

Jimin blushed "What do you mean hold hands? I..."

Taehyung grabbed his hands before he could say anything else and he practically froze. "Yah Jiminie, don't be awkward with me just because you kissed me"

Jimin frowned "Yah, do you wanna die?"

Taehyung laughed and Jimin just shook his head. He wasn't liking how things were going. This event had never taken place ten years ago. Was he reliving his life or just another reality but he had to stay true to his mission of seducing Jeon jungkook not having butterflies in his stomach each time his best friend so much as speaks. He was feeling too happy with him so he cleared his throat.

"I have to tell you something" he said.

"What's that?"

"I think Jungkook is taking an interest in me"

There was an awkward silence for some seconds but Jimin ignored the obvious tension and continued "He dropped me off at the dorm today and even told me I could call him anytime"

"That's good to hear...it must be because of how freaky you were at the party" Taehyung muttered and Jimin could see the smile on his face was forced.

"Do you think he likes me?" Jimin said and Taehyung bit his lips.

"I don't know Jimin but how about not making things easy for him?"

"What do you mean?"

Taehyung sighed "I mean that you should play hard to get for a while and when you are sure he's really into you, you can accept him"

Jimin nodded but then flinched when Taehyung's hand slipped away from his. He looked a bit disappointed until Taehyung pointed at the shop in front of him.

"We are here" He simply said and Jimin faked a smile still looking at his empty hand. He had liked the feeling of Taehyung's hand in his and now, he wondered why he was missing it.

"Are you coming?" His friend said. Jimin looked at him blankly. He was suddenly shook when Taehyung held out his hand to him.

"Let's go" He whispered with his box smile. Jimin happily took his hand and together, they entered the shop.

Thanks for reading!