Thirty four

The day had finally arrived. The day Jimin had been waiting for. In his real time line, he had been a coward, sitting on the side lines while watching others progress but now in this time line, he could change so many things. This competition was one of them.

The venue was packed and he was in one of the dressing rooms applying some make up to his face but at that moment, he wasn't totally himself. He had watched Taemin and Hobi's performance. It had been superb. Watching them had made his confidence drop and he was unsure if he could surpass them. The crowd had cheered so hard for them, he was having second thoughts about the level of his performance, his legs growing jittery.

His only source of comfort was Taehyung but he wasn't there. He was supposed to arrive some minutes ago but didn't and Jimin was getting impatient waiting for him. He couldn't understand what was going on with Taehyung these days but he tried to stay positive. He had to trust that he wasn't doing anything suspicious behind his back.

He was pacing nervously in the changing room when Jin and Namjoon entered.

"Jimin, you're almost up. Good luck!" Namjoon said tapping his back.

Jimin smiled. "Thanks hyung"

He took a deep breath. "Hyung, have you seen Taehyung?"

The couple shook their heads.

"No! Have you called him?" Jin asked.

Jimin nodded. "I have. He told me he would be here but that was thirty minutes ago. I tried reaching him but he hasn't been picking my calls"

"Don't worry Jimin. He will be here" Jin said smiling at him but Jimin couldn't help himself. He was so worried. He needed Taehyung. Jin and Namjoon knew that their presence wasn't really helping the younger so they just left him to be on his own and wait.

A staff suddenly entered the room interrupting his thoughts.

"Park Jimin. Be ready in five minutes" she said. No sooner had she left than an unexpected visitor entered the room. Someone Jimin hadn't expected to see. His breath hung in his throat as he stared at the person. It was Jeonyeong!

She smiled brightly at him and he smiled back nervously remembering that day at Namjoon's birthday party. He really did her wrong but she seemed so relaxed.

"Jimin! So good to see you again" she said cheerfully before hugging him tightly.

"What are you doing here?" he muttered.

"I heard you where participating in the dance competition and i wanted to come see you"

Jimin scratched the back of his neck nervously. "About that day at Namjoon's party I'm truly sorry for what i did. I invited you out and embarrassed you like that"

Jeongyeon waved her hand at him. "It's okay Jimin besides it saved me from making a very big mistake"

Jimin arched his eyebrows and she smiled. "It turns out that my parents selected you as my potential husband. I had no idea they knew each other. As soon as i saw your picture which they sent me, I quickly rejected the offer!"

Jimin nodded his head feeling relieved. "That's good but then again, I'm really sorry"

Jeonyeong pursed her lips. " it's okay. I heard you and Taehyung are dating now"

"We are!"

"Is it going well?"

"So far yes!"

Jeongyeong nodded and Jimin felt uneasy at her sudden change of expression.

"Jeongyeong, is something wrong?"