Twenty nine

If it had been days before, he would have been jumping up for joy at the news of Taemin's break up with Jungkook. It was all he had ever wanted but not now. He was worried for his friend and bothered about the sadness evident in his eyes. Taemin kept sighing over and over again so Jimin wrapped an arm around his neck.

"Tell me, what happened?" He said with as much concern as he could muster.

Taemin sighed for the umpteenth time. "I tried. I really tried. I wanted to give him a chance even though i knew he's only a fuck boy...that he might not really like me. I still wanted to give him a chance"

Jimin listened attentively as Taemin continued while sniffing and wiping his eyes.

"After you told me to find out if i still liked Minho, I did. I hung out a lot with him but Jungkook didn't like it. It wasn't like he was jealous...."

He cocked his head to one side with thinking eyes.

"He definitely wasn't jealous. It just felt like i was some sort of life line. Something he was desperately hanging on to because he didn't want to let it go. I felt like his property"

"But i really liked him. Apart from his bad boy nature, he treated me well but that wasn't enough for me. There was still something missing. He was emotionally detached from me. The sex was great but when it came to his emotions, he never showed it at least not to me. Also, i was trapped between him and Minho and i wanted to be sure who among them i should choose"

He closed his eyes for a bit and opened it as if the memory of what happened was biting at him.

"Before we came for the camping trip, I sat him down and asked him what he really thought about me but he didn't have a reasonable thing to say. The only thing he said was that i was beautiful and i had a great ass"

Taemin scoffed, throwing his head back in disbelief.

"Can you believe that?"

Jimin just nodded his head. He didn't want to say anything until Taemin was done talking.

"I told him about our deteriorating relationship and about Minho. I told him I didn't want to make a mistake and that his answer to my question would determine the direction our relationship would go"

"What was the question?"

"I asked him if he loved me. I asked him if he had any feelings at all for me"

Jimin stared at his friend closely taking note of the bitterness in his face.

"And again, he didn't have a reasonable thing to say. He just told me he didn't know what love was"

Taemin rolled his eyes as they became red. " I told him i needed to think about us so yesterday, i asked for a break up and now, it's over"

"I know we've barely been together a month but i wanted to feel something. I wanted a reason to stay. I thought i could make him change but i just realized something!"

Taemin stopped talking and heaved heavily before resuming his talk.

"Jungkook can't love anyone. It's as simple as that"

"I don't believe you" Jimin said softly remembering Taehyung's room mate and the way Jungkook seems to look at him with a certain fondness. Taemin just shrugged as Jimin shook his head. He couldn't believe that the beloved star couple of the future have broken up in this time line. They had seemed so perfect for each other. He began to wonder if this was going to really affect their relationship in the future.

"Have you told anyone else about it?"

Taemin shook his head. "Not even Minho. He would have felt bad and blamed it on himself. He had wanted the both of us to keep a distance but i was the one who kept persisting"