Twenty six

Taehyung and Jimin prepared a few things for the camping trip. They couldn't gather more things because it was only for a short period of time. Besides, the trip was mainly for the kids because Sunmi thought it was a good idea to let the children experience outdoor life but she wanted to make sure everything was as safe as possible for the kids so she chose a safe location free from wild animals. It was located at a forest reserve in Daegu which turns out to be Taehyung's home town.

Not all the students decided to go since exams were drawing near but the seven boys definitely went as well as Minho, Yugyeom and a few other people including Nayeon much to Jimin's chagrin but he was sure of Taehyung's loyalty. He knew that whatever she throws at him wouldn't work but he also knew he was being selfish, that Taehyung deserved much more than he was getting but he needed to clear something up or else he would never be comfortable loving Taehyung in this time line.

Sunmi hired two luxurious buses to take the kids and the students to Daegu. It was only a two hours journey from Seoul. The morning for the scheduled trip, Jimin and Taehyung arrived together.

The others also arrived together. Jin looked really excited as he whispered about all the naughty games he had planned for them. Everyone else just groaned tiredly.

Jimin was happy that at least Taehyung wasn't ignoring him. He wasn't the type to hold a grudge and that made him feel more relaxed around him.

Soon, they started to help the staffs to load instruments into the buses. It was while they where loading that Sunmi called Jimin and Taehyung into her office. They where a bit surprised especially Jimin because he had never personally interacted with Sunmi before so he wondered what could be so important that she had to summon them.

"Please sit" Sunmi said gesturing to the two of them.

They did as she said and sat on the two chairs opposite her table.

"Miss Sunmi, what's this about?" Taehyung started.

"It's about Jung min!" Sunmi answered.

Jimin and Taehyung shared worried glances as they looked at each other before turning their heads to face her again.

"What about Jung min" Jimin asked.

Sunmi took a deep breath clasping both her hands together.

"He refused to get adopted!"

They both blinked repeatedly.

"What? But why?" Taehyung said.

Sunmi smiled wryly.

"Apparently, it's because of you two!"

Jimin and Taehyung looked at each other again, surprise etched into each other's eyes.

"The two of us?" Jimin whispered and the woman nodded.

"He said and i quote 'I only want Jimin hyung and Taehyung hyung to adopt me' I asked him why and he said 'because they truly love me'"

She said all these while making sign language. When she stopped, Jimin felt tears threatening to pour down his eyes but he held them back strongly when he felt Taehyung's hand tighten around his own.

Sunmi continued. "There was a nice couple willing to adopt him, care for him and even send him abroad to have surgery on his ears and throat"

She looked at them critically. "This was something we have always wanted for Jung min but for some strange reason we can't understand, he loves you both so much that he refuses adoption"

Jimin sighed. "Can't you make him get adopted?"

Sunmi shook her head. "I'm afraid we can't. The child must be willing to accept his new parents. If not, we'll be violating his free will"