Forty

When Jimin woke up, he could hear the loud ringing tone from his phone. Taemin was no where to be seen. It seemed he had found his way out early that morning. Sighing heavily, he checked the caller ID of the person calling him. It was his parents. He knew they already found out about his impending divorce from Jeongyeong. After a while, he picked up.

"Park Jimin! Tell me it's not true!" his mother screamed almost causing his ear drums to split into two.

"Jimin, just apologize to your wife. You can't divorce. You know the benefits we get from Jeonyeong's family" His father added sounding so desperate.

"Appa, I have nothing to apologize for. Besides, it was Jeonyeong who suggested the divorce because she met someone else"

"And you let her?" Mr Park shouted.

"Yes i did. Because i don't love her and she doesn't love me"

He took a deep breath trying to control his anger.

"You both know the hell I've been living in this past ten years. You both know i only accepted to marry Jeonyeong just to satisfy the both of you but now, it's over. I'm taking my life back. I'm done listening to you both. I don't care if you disown me but I'll live the way I want to from now on"

"By being gay?" His father spat, venom lacing his tongue. Jimin could sense the hostility in his voice. He was quiet for a while before he took a deep breath and answered back.

"Yes, by being gay. I'm no longer ashamed of myself. I'm me and that's never going to change" He said in a quiet voice.

There was an uncomfortable silence followed by his father's loud laughter.

"If that's how you want it, then you'll get it. From now on, you are no longer a part of this family. You shall receive no inheritance from us because the company shall go public"

He hissed. "Think about what you've done because it's all your fault"

Jimin couldn't deny that it hurt. To think that he had dedicated so many years to the company only for his parents to let it go simply because he chose to be himself but if they thought they could tie him down again by threatening him then they where wrong.

He took a deep breath "You can do whatever you want. I'm not backing down"

He could hear his mother sniffing. "Jimin, all you had to do was ignore it. Being gay is bad. It's shameful. I can't help you if you keep up with this abominable behavior"

More silence.

"I'm sorry that i am not the man you always wanted me to be. I'm sorry i disappointed you but this is me and i can't help it. I only wish you could see that but I can't force you to do so" He finally said with a broken voice.

He took a deep breath. "So, I'm going ahead with the divorce. You both can do whatever you like...I'm done"

He ended the call, tears falling down his eyes. His chest tightened and he felt like he couldn't breathe. He felt relieved but at the same time saddened. What was he going to do now? How was he going to pick up the broken pieces of his life?

Soon, he would not only be divorced, he would be disowned by his parents, disinherited and unemployed living on nothing but his hard earned savings. To top it all, Taehyung was going to be leaving the next day without any memories of him from the other time line.

While being burdened by such thoughts, his mind wandered over to Hoseok his closest pal after Taehyung. What had happened to them? They just slowly drifted apart after Jimin's wedding and had unfortunately stopped communicating with each other in almost three years. The last time they met and talked was at a shopping mall. They hadn't said much. Just asked each other how they where doing before going their separate ways. Jimin didn't know what really happened between them. All he knew was that Hoseok was really upset with him and he had no idea why.