Thirty eight

Everything seemed so much brighter now. The dull and colorless days where gone but in the midst of it all, Jimin knew it was time to return. It was time to face his real problems back in his real world. However, before he does that, he was going to spend as much time with Taehyung as he possibly could, creating beautiful memories and showing him just how much he loved him until he was sick and tired of it.

"Yah, Park Jimin, this is the third gift you are giving to me in a week" Taehyung said to his boyfriend as they sat down on the old bench in the abandoned amusement park. He was holding a paint brush and a sketch pad but he was smiling

Jimin laughed. "What? Don't you like it?"

Taehyung nodded. "Of course i like it. It's just... "

He bit his lips hard. "You are acting as if you are going to leave soon and you won't come back"

Jimin froze and Taehyung looked at him in alarm.

"Sorry baby, did i say something wrong?"

Jimin shook his head. "No, you didn't say anything wrong...it's just..."

He stopped all of a sudden and flashed him a reassuring smile "I want to spoil you a little more.

Taehyung sighed in relief "I thought you were mad at me"

"I can never be mad at you Tae" Jimin whispered.

"Come here" he gestured to Taehyung to come closer and when he did, he wrapped his arms around him.

"Thank you" Taehyung whispered in a soft breathy voice.

"For what?"

Taehyung sighed. "For coming back to me... For not giving up on us"

There was silence in the air. Jimin was trying so hard not to break into tears but his efforts proved useless because a tear drop fell against Taehyung's chin. The latter removed himself from his embrace to stare into his face.

Jimin was already sniffing hard.

"Jimin, are you alright? Why are you crying?" he questioned trying to wipe the tears from his lover's face but it kept on spilling.

"Jimin, stop it. You know i hate seeing you cry. Tell me, what's wrong?"

"I don't want to leave you! I don't want to leave the you in this time line" he suddenly cried out choking on his tears.

Taehyung was confused at Jimin's behavior. He didn't understand a single thing he just said but he didn't dwell on that. He only wanted to comfort him and soothe his pain. He had no idea why Jimin was crying but he just wanted to be there for him so he hugged him tight, patting his back softly.

"It's okay Jimin, I'm here. I'm right here, I'm not going anywhere" he whispered and the other clung onto him tighter crying into his shoulder.

Jimin didn't calm down that day so Taehyung had to take him back to the dorm to rest. The rest of their friends had already left school. Hoseok and Yoongi decided to have a bit of vacation in other to regain their feelings for each other and strengthen their bond. Jin and Namjoon went to their various homes. They needed a few days apart since they had been together the entire semester. Taemin and Minho returned home to face Taemin's father and expose their relationship. Taehyung had no idea how their story would pan out.

He glanced at Jimin sleeping soundly on his bed. It had been an unexpected few months. He could never believe he would love someone this much and that someone would turn out to be his best friend.

Now, he understood why he could never have anything serious to do with other people no matter how much he had wanted it. He had desperately wanted to love someone, to be in a relationship but whenever the opportunity presented itself, he wouldn't run away from it. He never knew why this was so but now he knew. It was because of Jimin. Maybe the feelings had always been there, buried deep down in his heart but he had ignored it, pushed it aside but it stuck, planting roots deep inside his heart. The feelings only grew with time till it became more than a crush, much more than a fantasy.