Chapter 3

Edited

Elijah stood there staring at the exquisite beauty in front of him, who he thought had died 18 years ago.

“Elijah, Klaus and Hope, please come in.”

Elena smiled at them. Even with her flushed state, she still looked as beautiful as ever to Elijah.

“Hello, children .”

“Esther”, Klaus growled out.

“What the bloody hell is she doing here doppelganger?”

Klaus looked at Elena angrily while Elijah just stood there confused and slightly angry after seeing his mother.

"I can explain!", Elena rushed out.

“Explain what, Elena? Did you call us here to fall into your trap? Are you working with this woman?“, Elijah asked gritting his teeth.

He couldn’t believe that the woman who had captured his heart all those years ago would betray him in such a manner.

Elena was really hurt by his accusations but she knew where he was coming from.

“No, no Elijah, this is not a trap. Let me explain everything, please”, Elena pleaded with him.

One of the many things Elijah knew about Elena was that she wasn’t good at lying.
Also, he could hear her heartbeat which was steady all the while she spoke.

He also heard something else but he disregarded it.

“Once chance, that is all I am giving you. So, talk .”

His words were harsh but Elena felt relieved after getting a chance to explain.

“This is going to be a long night, so you all better take a seat .”