Chapter 14

Edited

“Who are you trying to fool here, Etsher?“, Klaus spat at Esther.

“Let her talk, Klaus”, Caroline reprimanded him.

“This person who is willing to sacrifice in your place is a witch and a werewolf, the first ever hybrid that nobody knows about. You aren’t the first hybrid, Niklaus, she is, your aunt,” Esther said watching his reaction.

“My what?“, Klaus growled confused.

“Your Aunt Astrid. She is your biological father’s sister, who became a hybrid a long time ago before you did, Klaus.”

“Where is she then? Where has she been all these bloody years or should I say centuries?!“, Klaus gave a sarcastic laugh. Now he truly thought that Esther was crazy and talking nonsense due to her old age.

“She is alive, but barely. Few centuries ago, she was ambushed by group of witches performing dark magic and she was drained of her powers. She was put under a sleeping spell by those witches of the Gemini coven”, Esther muttered angrily.

“Was it-?”

“Yes, Caroline”, Esther interrupted her, “the same spell that was used on Elena by Malachai Parker. That spell was very difficult to undo, it took me eighteen years to find a counter spell and I used the same spell on Astrid and she was awoken.
But since her magic was drained out of her she isn’t able to survive for much longer. She wants you to live your life, Klaus, to be happy, now that you have found redemption”, Esther explained.

“Where is she? Where is this lovely aunt of mine, you are talking about?“, Klaus asked still not trusting her.

“She is currently staying with a pack of wolves in Tennessee. I have called her, she will be here tomorrow morning.”

Silence filled the room and Klaus just stared at Esther trying to detect any sign of lying and distrust.

"So…you have a new aunt? Pretty cool, huh?“, Caroline laughed nervously trying to break the awkward silence.

“Why am I just getting to know about this? Why didn’t you tell us about her before?", Klaus asked finally reacting to the news.

“I was trying to wake her up all these years. She has loved you since the moment you were born, Klaus and she is willing to do anything for her family. She had her reasons about not being able to meet you in all these years.
Don’t worry, Niklaus, she will tell you everything tomorrow. We will get through this together as a family”, Esther said giving him a small smile.