Chapter 9

Edited

Elijah sighed and asked Elena to give him a moment to absorb all the information. He walked down the streets slightly dazed and still unsure.

Klaus followed his brother who kept murmuring to himself. “What is it, brother?”

Elijah sighed as he looked at his brother following him, “I am overwhelmed by everything that happened today. It still feels surreal. A baby, Niklaus. In these thousand years, I never once thought about children of my own.”

“So, do you not want the child, Elijah?”

“What are you talking about, Niklaus? Of course I want the child. It is my baby too. I am just shocked that is all. Even though I just got to know about it, I love my child already.”

“That is great brother, I wish you all the best for the future. Even though the doppelganger and I were never on good terms, I know she will be a very good mother. My niece or nephew is going to have the best parents. But now, I think it is time for me to save my own baby girl. I have to leave brother”, Klaus said smiling tearfully.

“No, Niklaus, I cannot do this on my own. We will find another way to save Hope, please, don’t do this, Niklaus”, Elijah pleaded.

“You know there is no other way, I have to do this Elijah. I just want my family to be happy and safe, is that a bad thing?”

Elijah remained silent because as much as he wanted his brother to live, he knew they had no other choice.

They had to save Hope.

They got back at the hotel room where Elena was currently staying in, along with Esther.

Hope smiled at her dad and uncle.

Klaus took a seat on the couch while Elijah went to talk to Elena.

“Elena, I brought the pickles and the snacks that you were craving since-“, Caroline stopped mid-sentence when she saw who was sitting on the couch. She stared at him with wide green eyes.

“Hello, love”, Klaus smiled at her.