Part Nine

Ferris

After that heated kiss at the water park I requested to go home early. Of course they obliged instantly and I was carried away back to my castle. A few maids were driven back to the summer palace to collect my stuff and I was just thankful I didn't have to go back.

Two days later and I'm still beating myself up over it even though I had little say in what happened! Why did I blame myself? I couldn't have possibly known he would do something like that! He was acting weird earlier but he always does that!

I grabbed my phone, which I rarely use, and scrolled through my contacts. I just assumed Cosmo's was in here for 'safety reasons' and to my relief it was. I debated whether or not to press 'call' but that was cut short as I had accidentally pressed it.

"Hello?" His voice rang out. I got my bottom lip before pressing the phone to my ear. "Hi, Cosmo. It's me Ferris," I mumbled. I sounded like an idiot.

"Oh hey, Ferris!"

I had another mini debate about whether or not I should tell him. I could trust him, right?

"I-I need to tell you something but you musn't tell anyone!"

"Okay?"

"Say you promise!" I squealed like a young girl. This was supposed to be helping me, not making me more embarrased. His laugh invaded my ears. "Gods, I promise!"

"I don't know where to begin! It first started when Father and I attended a meeting and I hadn't seen Zaelyn and Fraener in ages, and they both got really good-looking - wait can I even say that? I really don't know-"

Cosmo sighed and I noticed I was rambling. "Get to the point already!"

"Zaelyn kissed me!"

I heard shuffling over the phone before he started to laugh. Why was he laughing? "So? Zaelyn kisses everyone he sees! He's an incubus!" The Mer huffed out through laughs. I felt confused and stupid. He may be an incubus but the kiss was something entirely different. It wasn't just some easy way to regain his energy and if it was he would've gone to Fraener, right?

"But he's been acting weird ever since the meeting! He's been stealing my clothes, getting waaay too close and he even said I smelt nice! Isn't that weird?!" I groaned, thinking back to all time times he's done weird stuff. It wasn't just him. Fraener too. "I do suppose that's weird.."

I sighed for the umpteenth time, walking up and down the west-wing of the castle, the most secluded place I could find in a fortress full of people running around. "Maybe you should just date?" He sighed as if it wasn't the most craziest thing I had ever heard.

"Date?! There are a million, more even, to why we shouldn't date!" I screamed into the phone.

Cosmo sighed again. "Like?"

"Like the fact that it's the most unprofessional thing you have ever considered! Like how if my Father found out he'd skin me and tear off my wings! Or how he already has a boyfriend!"

I was literally tearing my hair out over this. The line between what I want and what I shouldn't and can't have became all too blurry. There were a whole lot more cons than pro's.

"Forget I said anything, okay? Let's just try to think about something else!" His voice flooded my ears again and I nodded as if he could see me.

"Yeah. That sounds good.."

**

Fraener