Part Eleven

Ferris

I stopped sleeping after Zaelyn called and it was getting to me. I was relentless and lethargic and getting a cold. My Father attacked me with endless questions claiming the people were talking.

Now I was getting into a car to escape one problem only to arrive into another, worse one: facing Zaelyn and Fraener. It felt like I was re-living the first time we reunited only difference being the following days will be absolute hell. It brought tears to my eyes just thinking about seeing them together and how they'd probably mock me at how isolated I was.

The car trip was long thus gave me the time to think about how the time I spent with them was all one big prank. They really never changed. It only broke my heart more.

As we drove out of the forest and into the more mountainous terrain where I got a great view of The Dragon Palace. Some of the giant beasts were flying over head playfully batting eachother with their equally giant wings. The castle itself was stunning even from afar, hiding itself in the graceful mountains. It was a shame I wasn't going to enjoy it.

It took half an hour to finally arrive at the gates where two guards stood tall. They were unlike any guards my Father recruited, all of them being Fae. They were lean but muscular, all sharing the same exotic looks but these two were stocky and jacked, having golden skin and dark eyes that had seen the most gruesome things this world had to offer. One look and a whole army of elves would go running.

The driver exchanged a few words with one of the guards before they let us pass. A few more guards came up and escorted me to the inside of the palace, revealing the inside. It was as stunning as the outside, having creamy marble walls and impressive solid gold columns. I was pulled from my gawking when I heard numerous voices and laughter. There were other people?

I suddenly felt clammy and nervous. This was their way of showing how lonely I was. I gulped hard before the guards urged me to follow them. They lead me to a massive room with elegant couches and skin unfamiliar faces. They all stopped their conversation, locking their gaze on me. I could've waved, maybe if I was feeling brave say hello but of course I didn't. I froze up and felt the air get sucked out of me.

Not one of these people included either Fraener nor Zaelyn which I was thankful for but all of their eyes were still on me. "Queen Libelle has requested your presence in an hour," one of the guards whispered into my ear before leaving. My throat dried up and I had a sudden need for water. "Wazzup dude!" One of them greeted, snapping me out of uncomfortable trance I was in. I moved my eyes to see who it was, and my jaw dropped. He was lean but muscular, having sandy freckled skin and a mop of unkempt brown curls but what caught my attention was the winding snake tail that faded into his body around his waist. I've never seen a naga before!

His scales matched his skin with a few brown splotches of colour. He had exotic green eyes as a wide smile. I waved politely making him raise a brow. He had both his arm and tail around a smaller male having stunning apricot skin and beautiful sea blue eyes. He had his obsidian hair tied up into a ponytail, seeming content with his position.

There were two other couples one of which were sitting lazily on the floor, paying me no more attention and instead focusing on eachother with their kisses and the other were feeding eachother grapes. I didn't get a good look but their auras told me a there was a Witch, a Nymph, a Werewolf and a Orc.

A weird bunch for sure but I wasn't the type to judge. I was going to go to my room but a certain someone decided to run into the room at the worst moment possible. "Guys! I found it!"

Zaelyn ran down a hall located at the opposite side of the 'communal room'. He was holding a rigid purple vibrator that buzzed. His eyes were locked on me and to my surprise he wasn't bearing a grin. I felt sick to my stomach. I wanted to scream at him, about at him tear him a new one- anything just to rid me of these emotions but I couldn't. I stayed silent while I screamed at myself.

I did what I do best by running away. I ran until one of the guards stopped me and forced me into an extravagant dining room where Queen Libelle was sitting high and eating scones and tiny little cakes like a high-tea. "Oh! Ferris! How lovely!" She exclaimed, crumbs flying everywhere. She was my favorite when it came to the three parents."Sit, sit!"

I did as she asked and sat next to her. She looked so much like Fraener, with the golden eyes, beautiful silky orange hair and complexion like mocha.

She flicked her finger between me and the tray of cakes, and I reluctantly picked one up. "Oh, you've grown up so much!" She squealed before pinching my cheeks. I blushed at the statement but still felt uncomfortable but having tea with the mother of the guy that broke your heart could do that to you. Apparently she noticed and moved an inch closer.

"Okay, I'm just going to cut right to the chase, okay darling?" She squeezed my arm making me nod. "My son is gigantic cunt! Right?"

I spat out the delicious delicacy and refrained myself from laughing. "I do love him, I do but I know what he did to you," she sighed, popping a scone into her mouth. I stared at her wide-eyed with my jaw on the floor. "H-How?" I asked my voice stuttering. "I had my suspicions, so I sent a 'spy' if you will. Not to mention that Fraener has thirteen other sisters that he confides in. They know eachother inside out." She breathed out while taking a sip of her water. "So all that sneaking around was pointless?" I piped up a little too hopeful. She stared down at me with a solemn look.

"I may be accepting of this but Zaelyn's father will certainly be the opposite and your father is too caught up in his traditional ways to even consider your happiness over a pure bloodline." She gravely stated instantly putting out any flame of hope within me.

"But that doesn't mean you shouldn't be together."

My heart began to beat faster. She caught my hands in hers, capturing me with her eyes. "Please, give my Fraener a second chance, Zaelyn too. Zae and Frae care for you deeply." The mother dragon pleaded. I considered what she was saying. My heart was beating faster than it should. I nodded.

"They're trying to push you away because they're scared. They want- and dare I say love you. All they need is a second chance," she continued. She was really getting my hopes up. "Zaelyn is all for it but Fraener will need some coaxing but I'm sure with your Fae charm you'll have them wrapped around your finger in no time."

I blushed at the last statement. She laughed before we continued to stuff our mouths with cake.