Christmas Special

AU -
Christmas Day -
Ferris

I sat down on the couch next to Arthur who was intently watching his twin brother try to imitate something. "Is it a story character? Fiction? Is it Ferris?" Arthur called out causing my face to distort in both anger and confusion. Gideon was currently pinching his cheeks and stretching them, making him look quite deformed.

I smacked my cousin across the head in protest. "I do not look like that!" Everyone snorted at his remark, even dad. Once the laughter died down and my cheeks cooled from the embarrassment Selene got up and seemed extra mischievous.

I sighed while pulling my legs up to my chest. Christmas was supposed to be full of cheer but without Zaelyn and Fraener here to celebrate I wasn't in the mood. Thanks to Zaelyn's dad and his big corporate company they were held back at work for the holiday. It was completely unfair and I let them know over the recent calls we had.

Speaking of which, they hadn't even called me to wish me a merry Christmas and we always called. I was devastated and everyone knew. I dug my nails into the long sleeve turtle-neck Fraener had once left and pulled it so that my hands were covered completely and waited for Selene to start her round of Charades. This went on for about another half hour or so when Uncle Claude announced he had a surprise for me. "One more round, two words. Got it?" He spoke and all heads turned to me. I nodded, a little uncomfortable. He then straightened up and pointed towards himself. "You?" I guessed. He shook his head then pointed at me. "You and me?"

He shook his head again then pointed at me again. "Me!" I exclaimed and I finally got a nod. I heard mom giggle under her breath. It was no secret I was terrible at games but now I feel like I'm being exploited. He reached behind him and touched his back then I heard a loud creaking noise behind me. I instinctively went to look behind me but everyone shouted at me not to. "What the hell is wrong with you guys?" I stammered. "Language, Ferris." Dad growled. I ignored him and shot a look at my uncle who was now pointing at his back. I sighed, thinking it must have been Urla or something. "Spine?" I drawled. He gave me a frustrated look. "My spine?"

Everyone shouted again, startling me. "Back!" I shouted. "Your back! My back!" Selene slapped a hand on her face. At this point I wanted to give up. "I give up!" I groaned. "You can't give up! The surprise will be ruined!" Arthur insisted, poking my shoulder. I swatted him away with annoyance. "Nervous system? Spinal fluid? Muscle tissue?"

"We get it Ferris, you're studying to be a doctor!" Gideon groaned. I ignored him yet again. "Oh! Behind!" I cried our and there was an uproar of cheers. I've never seen or heard of such excitement for a game of Charades. "Behind me!" I quickly added. "Yes!" Claude finally spoke up, smiling brightly not at me, but just slightly over. "Behind me?" I repeated and took a peak over my shoulder. I felt my heart skip a beat and my eyes light up at the sight of two familiar figures. I leapt up and jump over the couch, practically jumping into their arms. "Miss us much?" Zaelyn groaned as he stumbled back from my impact. I nodded instead of saying anything as I felt a heavy feeling in my throat. "Merry Christmas everyone! Merry Christmas, sweetheart." Fraener greeted before placing a hand on my head. "I thought you guys weren't coming!" I wailed while pulling my head from Fraener's chest. My eyes widened when I registered his new look. He cut his hair!

"Sorry. Heliux decided it was too cruel to keep us in during Christmas. We wanted to tell you so bad but Claude insisted we keep it a surprise," Zaelyn explained. I rubbed the tears from my eyes and turned to Zaelyn. I stood on my toes and pecked him on the cheek with a smile. "I'm just glad you're here! You're forgiven," I hummed. Fraener scoffed, earning a simple side-glance from me. "And what about me?" He asked.

"I'm especially mad at you." I looked up at his now buzzed hair-cut and he caught on, placing a hand on the top of his head. "It isn't that bad, is it?!" He whined. Clearly he's had many comments on his new hair before and they were all most-likely negative. "I thought it looked nice and to be frank it was getting quite annoying." He grumbled. We all started cracking up at his little rant so I took the opportunity I take his hand and kiss him on the cheek. "I'm joking, Frae." I muttered with a cheeky smile. His slightly ticked off expression faded and he was replaced with a smile. "So you do like it?" He asked, hope in his voice.

I wanted to tell him the truth but I'm almost positive Zaelyn has already given him a hard time. "I do. I just need some... time to love it!" I chimed happily. By the incredulous look he was giving me I could tell he didn't believe me but went along with it anyway. We walked to the living room and they started individually greeting everyone.

Dad stood up and I felt them straighten up instantly. "Zaelyn, Fraener. It's good to hear that Heliux does still have a heart." He greeted with a tight-lipped smile. I was glad he was accepting of our relationship but sometimes he fails to show it. I mean, of course he'd be uneasy with them being around me.

"It's good to see you too, Merlin. My father was just in the Christmas mood. He'll make an appearance later on and so will Libelle. I hope you don't mind us intruding," Zaelyn greeted. A smile formed on my face at the sight of Zaelyn acting formal. Dad nodded and turned to me. "I hope you don't mind me asking, but where will you two be staying for tonight? We have a few guest rooms-"

"In my room. They'll be staying with me." I interrupted. He looked slightly shocked as he opened his mouth to speak again but mom jumped in last minute. "Why don't we go an eat now? I just finished cooking and we don't want it to get cold do we?" She hummed while grabbing hold of dad's arm. They left for the kitchen as everyone started getting up and following them. I heard Fraener chuckle as we followed suit, hand in hand.

"I'm glad you guys came. I missed you," I spoke, pausing just before we entered the kitchen. "Me too. We've got another surprise for you later." Fraener said with a wink. It took me some time to realize what he meant but when I did I couldn't help but blush. "There's only so much my right hand can do!" Zaelyn exclaimed dramatically. I sputtered on my own words and looked helplessly at my cousins who were all staring.

"Let's just go eat dinner."

Hey guys! I know it's been awhile and I've explained why I haven't been updating on my message board so I won't drag on about it here. I'm aware Christmas is far from over and new years is soon but I actually started this before Christmas and thanks to my recent "block" I didn't get to upload it till now. As for when I will be uploading again, I'm not quite sure. Tips for writers block are always appreciated!

I hope you enjoyed this Christmas One-shot as much as I enjoyed writing it even if it was a pain. I'm just happy to see Ferris with his lovers again.

Adios and see you lovelies in the new year!