Part Twenty Three

Ferris

I felt and looked stupid. Zaelyn's clothes were too baggy for me and hung off my shoulders. I had to readjust myself and every few minutes catch the collar from showing a little too much skin."Maybe I just shouldn't go for a swim?" I sort of pleaded, pushing up my shorts for the fifth time. "Nope. You're swimming whether you like it or not." He insisted while visibly trying not to laugh. I'm always scared that I look like a fool but now that I actually do look like one I'm terrified. Yeah, I got weird glances from maids and guards but none of them spoke up. I mean, they couldn't.

We made it to the pools again and the smell of chlorine assaulted my senses. Zae whistled getting the attention of the group in the pool, their eyes gluing onto me. "Oh, I forgot to tell you. The others don't know about us yet. We asked Raphael not to say anything until we're ready." Zaelyn whispered in my ear. I shot him a confused glare but didnt act on it as he shobed my forward.

I fiddledwith end of my shirt and stood there like a completely moron. I'm overreacting again as I always do. "Ferris! Come join us!" Lucian called out, calming my nerves. "See? You fit right in," Zaelyn coaxed, giving my shoulder a reassuring squeeze. "I've got to attend to a few things but I'll join you guys shortly!" He yelled before scattering away. I walked over to the pool and submerged myself in the cool waters the baggy clothes clung to be but still somehow made me look stupider. I swam next to Fraener who found my hand underwater and grasped it. We didn't say anything, only looking at eachother with a smile. This was cheesy as hell but I liked it.

"Are you two going to get a room or play?" Ryker teased from the opposite end of the pool. I noticed there was a net separating the pool in half and Ryker was holding a ball.

Oh god. Sports.

"I'll be over in a second!" Fraener yelled back, before giving my hand a tight squeeze and wandering over. I looked at my team which consisted of myself, Lucian, Geno and Xan. On the other side was Fraener, Raphael, Zuda and Ryker. I didn't even have time to figure out what sport we were playing as the ball started being batted around. I was trying my best to keep track of where it was and who was hitting it, and so far I was doing a good job.

Raphael hit it, then Geno smacked it back, then Fraener managed to get it just in time. It then hurled in the air, spitting water everywhere and landed infront of me with a splash. I didn't even attempt to hit it I just stared down at it in embarrassment. Turning around I noticed them looking at me with amusement.

"I don't know how to play.." I told them earning an outbreak of laughter. "We'll show you how," Lucian said while wiping away a tear. Maybe it was a tear or just a droplet, I couldn't tell. We huddled together and began to teach me how to play 'volleyball'.

"So I hit it like this?" I wondered, putting my hands together in a certain way. "Yeah, that's it! And you serve like this," Lucian praised before demonstrating something that flew over my head. "It's pretty simple. Hit the ball over the net, don't let it hit the water." Geno chimed in before we headed back.

"You guys ready?" Fraener asked. We all nodded in response and the game was set in motion. I managed to actually hit it, even if it didn't go over the net but they still cheered when I did. We had to wrap it up because Xan kept complaining his fingers were pruning but mainly because we were all getting hungry.

"Nice clothes, Ferris," Geno playfully remarked. I had completely forgotten I was wearing these. "Oh! Zaelyn just shoved whatever he could find into my hands." I mumbled while brushing my hair out of my face. "Those are Zaelyn's clothes?" Lucian questioned. That's another thing I forgot. They don't know. "Uhh- yeah. Gotta help eachother out right?"

They looked at eachother then back at me. "Sure.." Geno muttered. It was quiet for awhile as we walked back into the palace. "So, what's it like being with a Naga?" I asked out of pure curiosity. This is how people make conversation, right?