Part Nineteen

Fraener

"I love you guys.." Ferris mumbled on his sleep, the effects of Zaelyn's kiss were taking it's toll on poor Ferris

How long did it take to go and summon someone? Surely Mira would've been back by now. Though it did give us more time to spend together, even if one of us was alseep. "He's so beautiful," Zaelyn remarked, removing some hairs away from Ferris' sleeping face. I nodded in agreement. I was just ashamed we took so long to act on it. "Listen, Zae I just wanted to- err, I wanted to apologize for what I did earlier." I spoke up, cringing a little. I'm usually the one who needs to be apologized to. He had a look of confusion before a wide smirk smeared across his face. Here it comes. "Oh? You? Apologizing to me? Ha!" He exclaimed. "I'm starting to think that kiss boosted more than your energy." I scoffed.

He gave another confused look. "Your ego you idiot!"

He snorted aloud which stirred Ferris who was laying in his lap. I was about to warn him but Shirri interrupted. "Fraener! Mira's back!"

I hopped up, greeting Raphael. "Seems like you can't get enough of me, hm?" He cheered with a cocky smile. I gave a small laugh in response. "I'm glad to see you, yes but this isn't a social call," I sighed, gesturing to Zaelyn and Ferris. He gave me a quizzical look but followed me anyway. "Please, sit."

We sat down on the dewy grass, hearing Ferris' light snores. "Did you guys have an 'episode'?" He asked with a creased brow. "I guess you could say that," I huffed. How was I supposed to explain something like this? "We kissed." Zaelyn butted in with a pleased smile.

Raphael gasped. "You dogs!" He cried while slapping my knee. All three of us shared a laugh which was enough to wake Ferris. He rubbed the sleep away from his eyes. With a groan he settled back further into Zaelyn's chest. The look of confusion finally gave way to a cute flustered one.

"Wha-What happened?" He asked. "Congratulations!" Rafael exclaimed. I rolled my eyes. What was so exciting? It was only a kiss. I gave Ferris a quick smile before continuing. "I called you hear to shed more light on this pheromone problem." Raphael nodded, his golden skin practically glowing. "I assume you gave Ferris a debrief?" He sighed. All three of us nodded in unison.

"Well what more do you want to know?" He asked, pursing his lips together. "Well, now that we're...together, will he stop producing his pheromones?" I asked. He didn't respond instantly which filled me with anxiety. "No." Was his answer.

"No? What do you mean, no?" Ferris' sheepish voice piped in. "You will continue to produce your pheromones for these two." He added. We all stared at him with disbelief. "You two will adapt over time. As for you Ferris," he started, "You'll have to put up with these two horn dogs."

I felt somewhat offended by his last statement. I am not a 'horn dog'. "So we'll continue to act weirdly around him?" Zae asked. Raphael nodded in response while Ferris groaned in frustration. "You can put up with us, right Ferris?" I asked to which he gave a unsure look. "I don't know." He answered. I sighed. This was only the beginning and I was already freaking out. What if Ferris decides he doesn't want to be in a relationship? What if someone finds out?

All these swarming thoughts took a backseat when I took another look of Zaelyn and Ferris. Zae seemed the happiest he's been in a while and Ferris, well, he was just perfect. "Well, I guess I should be on my way back!" Raphael announced before popping up. I did the same and urged the other two to follow. "Actually, thanks to Zaelyn, Ferris is feeling tired." I sighed, peeking over to the small Fae who nodded distantly. "So we'll fly on down too."

He nodded before his eyes widened in realization. "Oh! I forgot to mention! His pheromones will attack you in your most raw forms, meaning your Dragon and Zae's Incubus form. That's why you nearly killed him while flying!" He exclaimed. "Meaning you probably don't want to be the one to fly him down." He added quickly. I winced at the thought of nearly killing Ferris. Surely that was an overstatement. "Mira!" I shouted, looking over to my younger sister who was now just beginning to hop into the hot springs. She groaned, loudly.

After that I forced Mira to fly Ferris and Raphael down while I carried Zaelyn. Once we reached the ground Zaelyn went straight to Ferris, helping him off Mira's back. As I shifted my smile returned to my face and I joined my boys.

My boys.

"Did you fly safe?" Zaelyn asked with more concern than necessary. "I did. Better than last time." He said with sleep slurring his words. I grimaced at his answer. Zae nodded before easing off. I helped the fae off my sister's back and Raphael before she shot off back into the sky.

We walked together back to the palace in a huddled group with little chatter. We just enjoyed eachothers company. I wasn't sure if Ferris was actually doing this or it was just be but he seemed to radiate calming waves, lulling me to a simple, pleased smile. "Zaelyn?" Ferris called out who hummed in response. "Remind me to never kiss you again." He groaned.

I chuckled softly as Zaelyn gasped. "What?! Why not? I give the best kisses!" He complained. I scoffed. "I think you might want to stick by that, Ferris." I encouraged, hearing Raphael snicker in the back. "He once gave me this horrible sickness and I had to lie as to how I got it! I was bed-ridden for weeks!"

All threw of us broke out into laughter as Zaelyn sulked. "Don't be sad, baby." I cooed which made him even more irritated. He absolutely hated it when I called him that. As we all calmed down Ferris gave a small sigh. "I've never felt like this before.." He muttered. I frowned. "And how exactly do you feel?" I asked.

He looked up at me with those endearing emerald eyes. "Happy? Content?"

My frown was replaced by a ear-to-ear grin. Zaelyn swooped down and pecked him on the cheek.

"I think it's safe to say neither have we." I hummed.