Part Forty

Ferris

I stepped back as maids and guards gushed in and out of the room. Selene was by my side, asking questions on what the hell just happened. I didn't respond because my mind was so frazzled. Who the hell was Fabian? The name sounded familiar by also completely foreign.

I noticed Mother and Father rushing over with Claude. I bit my lip hard when Mother sent me a death glare. "Everyone clear out now!" Father boomed and everything paused for a few seconds, then quickly scattered. "Dorothy, you stay and tend to the witch. Ferris, I want you following me. Now." He ordered. I groaned. I better not get in trouble. I followed him as he began trudging down the halls. "I didn't do anything, I swear!" I argued. He didn't say anything until we were at his office. Mother was tailing us until he opened the door. "You stay outside. This is your mess." He gritted out before shoving me inside and slamming the doors closed. "Don't you think that was a bit harsh?" I questioned, earning a warning look. "Sit." He commanded and I complied instantly.

"What did she tell you?" He questioned and I suddenly felt like I was in an interrogation. "She- uhh.." I was at a loss for words. Where do O start? "She thought I was someone else and said she was forced to perform a forgetting spell? That he was a threat to his brother and to the kingdom- whatever that means." I sighed. His expression turned grim as he ran his hand down his face and through his hair. "What else?" He asked. I raised a brow. "Why does it even matter? Mother said she forgets things when it gets dark-"

"What else did she say, Ferris?!" He roared, slamming his hands onto the table. I jumped a little. Why was he being so serious? "S-She mentioned someone named Fabian." I squeaked. His head shot up and he had a crazed look. "Is there something i should know? Why are you being so serious?" I asked.

He started pacing around his room. Now he was acting crazy. "This is the exact reason I didn't want her to stay!" He groaned. "She's crazy, Ferris! Just forget everything she said to you." I was getting ticked off at this point. I just wanted to know the truth instead of being anxious all the time of not knowing. It reminded me of the letters and the photos.

Madame Sharlette said herself that there were events that needed to be revealed! "Will you tell my what the hell is going on?!" I shouted. His head whipped to my direction in both shock and anger. "I'm tried of being kept in the dark! Are you hiding something from me?"

There was an uncomfortable silence in the room. "You will not question me, Ferris. I tell you what I tell you, nothing more. It is for your safety." He growled, putting up his finger as if to silence me. My brows narrowed. "Bullshit." I dared to challenge. I could sense the shift in his aura and I could almost feel the heat rolling off him as his blood began to boil. "Go to your room." He ordered. I didn't budge. I don't know what was possessing me but it wanted to deny every order. "I am about to turn twenty two I will not-" he cut me off before I could finish. "I am your father and your king! The day you outrank me is the day you can deny my orders! Now, go to your room!"

I stared at him, wide-eyed. He hasn't pulled rank since before the bomb. He hasn't yelled at me like that either. I could tell arguing was pointless so I opened the door then slammed it closed. I hated being treated like a child. I walked over to my room, passing Madame Sharlette's. Things seemed to have calm down but I could hear faint whispering from the ajar door.

I peeped through the door and listened in, but she was mumbling something. From here I could see that she was sitting cross-legged on the bed with closed eyes. I soon realized that she was chanting a spell. Her eyes suddenly flew open and the door shut abruptly, slamming right in my face. I tried to doorknob but it was locked. I just needed some goddamn answers!

Instead of trying I marched over to my room and shut the doors, leaping onto my bed. I felt Urla jump on the bed and press her fluffy body against my face. "Today was rough.." I breathed, earning a meow. "I think they're keeping secrets from me." She meowed again, then began cleaning herself. "You're so insensitive!" I groaned.

I stayed silent and it remained that way for the next few minutes until my phone began to ring. I didn't want to answer but my curiosity won over my laziness and answered, hearing a familiar voice on the other end.

"Cosmo? Why are you calling me?" I asked. "Because I wanted to see how excited you are!" He answered. I rubbed my face of the cat fur. "What?" I questioned. I heard him sigh, then a rustling. "For tomorrow! For your birthday..? All the important guests are coming early?" He cheered. That made sense. "I honestly didn't know. But I'm glad!"

He scoffed. "You better be! You're turning twenty two!" I rolled my eyes. "Yeah, I'll be thirty so in enough." I grumbled. He laughed which made me feel a bit better. "Mum couldn't keep her mouth shut and told me something that I couldn't just keep to myself," he admitted, piquing my interest. "Come on. You better tell me!" I whined. "Oh... I don't know. It's supposed to be a surprise!"

"Cosmo! Tell me!"

He stayed silent for awhile. People were already hiding secrets from me, I didn't one dangled right in my face then pulled away. "Apparently your suitors are supposed to arrive tomorrow as well." He blurted. It took a few seconds for me to father my thoughts. "You're supposed to spend time with them until your birthday! Isn't that exciting?"

I didn't want to believe it. Surprises were supposed to be fun! This isn't fun! "Why tomorrow? We still have weeks until my birthday!" I argued. "I guess you could say the same for the guests.." He added. He wasn't helping. "Don't be nervous! I bet they'll all be super hot!"

He really wasn't helping.

So, we're on chapter fourty, near 200k reads and almost at 400 followers. Just... wow. I didn't nothing for my past three goals so I plan on doing something special! I don't know yet but ideas would be appreciated! Maybe an AU involving my other characters from There's A Wolf At My Door? Hmmm. Speaking of books, I wrote another one! (Yeah, a plugin) So go check that out. Its called Dragon Lover, so you can get more dragon action that isn't from Fraener!