Part Thirty One

Ferris

I was exaggerating. The dinner didn't end in flames but it might as well have with the glares I got from Zaelyn. I was more than relieved when Heliux decided to end the dinner, giving me the opportunity to discreetly rush over to Fraener. Heliux decided to hold his son back leaving me, Fraener and two other guards sent to escort us back to our room. An uncomfortable silence plagued us and the walk to the room seemed to go on forever so I simply stared up at the high arched ceiling and prayed to whoever was listening that they wouldn't be mad.

Once we arrived at the massive doors Fraener gave the guards a firm nod before ushering me inside. There was rustling of armor before all was silent and I turned to Fraener who was making his way into the closet. "I was going to tell you guys, I swear!" I called out, following right behind him. He turned around with a small frown and put both his hands on my shoulders. "Ferris, we knew this was going to happen. It was only a matter of time," He sighed, staring deep into my eyes. I relaxed as he roped me into a hug and I leaned into his warm, bare chest. "So you guys are not mad?" I asked in relief. His chest vibrated with a chuckle. "No. If anything Zaelyn feels humiliated."

I looked up at his handsome face with a questioning look. "I didn't realize Zaelyn was capable of feeling humiliated," I joked with a smile. Fraener shared the same look before kissing the top of my head and breaking the hug. "Get changed, okay? We got a big day ahead of us so we better go to sleep soon." He instructed before leaving me in the closet. I took off my clothes and threw them in the hamper before selecting one of Fraener's turtle-necks and joined left to join him. He was already getting in bed when I popped up next to him and snuggled up close.

His core was always warm, which comforted me. I suspected it was because of his dragon side but I wasn't sure. "What's going on with tomorrow? Are we going out with the guys?" I asked, closing my eyes as Fraener shut the lamp off. "Zaelyn and I planned something special for you," he mused and even in the dark I could sense he was smiling. "What is it?" I inquired. My heart fluttered at the thought of them planning something special for me. "It's a surprise. Now go to sleep." He ordered and as if my body was listening it obeyed. "What about Zaelyn?" I yawned. It felt weird not having him spoon me from behind and I wondered how I ever slept without his embrace before. I was madly in love.

"He'll join us soon, but you need to sleep sweetheart." He ordered again, almost in a growl. His tone made my lower parts tingle but I ignored it and nuzzled my nose against his pecs and eventually drifted away.

--

I woke up in a hurry, my senses rushing to meet me. A commotion was happening just outside the bedroom doors making me groan and running my hands down my face. I didn't want to get up just yet, tracing the big imprint Fraener left in the mattress, remembering their 'surprise' was enough to get me out of bed and check what was happening. I opened the door to an argument between the guards stationed at our door and a lonesome Ryker who had a serious look of irritation. "I'm not a goddamn suitor!" He protested, his eyes shifting from human to snake-like. "That isn't the problem! We have direct orders prohibiting anyone from entering the room other than the royals themselves!" The guard to my left gritted out.

I cleared my throat, earning the attention of all three of them. "Now look what you've done! You woke the prince!" The other guard hissed. "That's enough." I intervened, my sleepy eyes just barely able to refrain from rolling. "He is allowed," I spoke before urging him into the room, ignoring the pleads from the guards. "Those dudes were being dicks."

I hadn't really spoken to Ryker, so him showing up was a bit of a surprise. "They were only doing their job." I sighed. He mumbled something under his breath while walking over to the vanity desk and taking a seat. I watched in awe as his two legs transformed back into his winding snake tail. "Anyway," he brushed off nonchalantly. "I've come to talk to you." He stated, surprising me even more. I nodded, dragging an ottoman and sitting down. I didn't need to be formal around him, right? "So you're with both Zaelyn and Fraener?" He asked earning a nod from me. Sighing, he gave me a forlorn look.

"Do you not approve?" I dared to ask. I couldn't imagine coming between Zaelyn and his friends. He pursed his lips into a thin line. "I'm just looking out for them, is all.." the snake vaguely stated. Looking out for them? What did that mean? "How so?" I asked. I was fiddling with my fingers and shifting on my seat. Glancing up at the clock I realized my two men would be back any minute now. "Well, I probably shouldn't be saying this but.." he started, pausing for a bit. "This isn't the first time they've been in a poly relationship before."

I wasn't surprised. I remember hearing vague comments they both made during their heated argument awhile back about their last poly relationship and by the sounds of it, it hadn't ended well. "It didn't exactly end that well, in fact, it couldn't have been worse," he added with a slight frown. I was now intrigued, suddenly forgetting about the surprise they had planned for me. "It isn't my place to go in depth but Fraener was affected the most by it. He had never experienced such betrayal and it's an understatement to say he was broken in two that day,"

My heart almost stopped beating. Whatever had happened must of been really bad if it broke Fraener. But what he was insinuating was worse. "You think I'm going to hurt them?" I asked with an almost bitter tone. I couldn't even imagine hurting them. At one point, sure, but that was long ago. "I'm not saying you will, I'm saying if you do, Fraener might not be able to take it again." He ended in an almost warning tone. I was about to ask him for even more context when the door opened.

"Ferris?" Fraener called out. I rushed to go meet him, giving him a tight hug. Zaelyn was next to him with an embarrased look. "I'm so sorry!" He gasped while pulling me into the hug to which I returned. I didn't like how sweaty they were but for now I would have to put up with it. "Me too." I muttered into his chest. As we parted Fraener kissed the top of my head and turned to Ryker who transformed back and was now ready to leave. "Ryker! What have you two been up to?" Zaelyn playfully accused. I turned to Ryker who had plastered a smile. "Oh, nothing! Just talkin'. I'll head out now." He excused before heading out. "I'll send Geno!" He called out before leaving the room.

Fraener looked me up and down and gasped. "You're not even ready yet!" A warm smile grew on my face as I noticed how excited he was for tonight. Just us three. I didn't care where we went, I wouldn't mind if we just stayed in bed and talked. Fraener can seem intimidating at first, same goes for Zaelyn but when you get to know him he's incredibly caring and loyal.

How could anyone hurt him?