Chapter 45

Madonna was stunned to get an invitation to meet the Lord alone in the woods. She was busy taking care of some of her personal affairs from past few days and getting a message to meet the Lord in secret threw her into thinking what had happened that the Lord himself sent his loyal butler to fetch her.

She was very occupied to even accept a meet with Knox Garrick when he requested few days ago. Knox had tried several times to meet her but Madonna had no time to waste it for anyone else. She had to complete her personal affair before the end of full moon.

Now that she was thinking about it again, was it a coincidence that both Knox and Lord Knight requested a conversation with her?

She hoped Knox hadn't done something foolish again. If it was again one of his foolish act that cause chaos, then she was done saving him. She took Knox as her friend, though not a very close friend, he was there with her for several years providing her with everything she needed to practice sorcery.

So she kept on saving him from pits he dug for himself several times. Hell knows what was his agenda to meet her.

"Madonna." She heard Lord Knight's brusque voice from behind and stiffened.

She could detect the danger oozing out from his aura and trouble hinting in his voice.

She turned around slowly covering up her tensed eyes with her signature sultry look. She couldn't let him see that she was affected with the aura he was producing. His eyes looked solemn and red indicating that something had gone utterly wrong.

What might it be?

"My Lord" She bowed slightly in respect and returned to look into his eyes with temptation all over them. Though she was not the least interested in the man standing before her, she knew through experience in life that a woman can only keep herself safe in men's world by playing along with their weakness.

"You must have heard what happened, didn't you?" The Lord asked her underhandedly to know if she was truly involved in Knox's murderous affair or was she innocent.

He did believe that the witch is not a part of Knox's attack on Ella as he made it certain to tell the witch who was more powerful in between them a long back ago.

She was wise enough to not cross him, but he do not know if she was now completely trustful or not.

"In fact, I do not, My Lord. I apologize I was occupied with something from past few days to put into practice my nosy habit." She answered look nonchalant and truthful through her sarcastic comment. The Lord sis not react much to her comment and just nodded curtly.

Lord Knight could tell lie apart from the truth and he was now aware of the sincere ignorance of the recent episodes in the castle.

"Well, I suppose I have no other choice to believe you." He nodded and walked forward from shadows into the bright moonlight. "Lady Ella was attacked." He announced slowly expecting shock from the witch.

"Um hmm. and?" Madonna answered casually to hear out the whole story. If Madonna was anything, then she was not a person to freak out. She was always too confident and too composed that often people around her could misunderstand her as the reason for many uncommon incidents.

"Someone shot a venomous arrow bounded by a spell through the venom to consume the soul inside her." He explained briefly, "The venom was taken care of but the spell –"

"The spell was a hard to break." Madonna completed nodding her head in understanding the situation now. No wonder the Lord was expecting to meet her in such urgency.