Bonus Chapter

Xander knew no bounds of delight when he first heard the news of his lovely wife carrying his baby. He was beyond happy that he paid handsome bonus for his staff.

Not only the Lord but the whole castle danced in ecstasy. The baby was the first harvest for a good change and he/she will be one great ruler to weed out all the ludicrous traditions.

People around Ella took care of her like she was made of breakable crystals while on the other side Xander hardly ever left Ella's side during the months of her pregnancy. When Xander couldn't be with her, Gode and Lucy would keep the company which, at several times, made Ella furious.

Though she liked having great attention of people around her, she was quite sensitive about it as well. It would sometimes suffocate her but she knew it was for her best that she was constantly in company of others. She knew that her husband and their family were being additionally protective after the experience of her almost death.

Surely fates have their own ways of balancing the elements in life. Xander and Ella were one good example of it; by the way they suffered and bloomed into beautiful flowers.

"How is she fairing up?" The Lord asked one of the midwives who were currently rushing around the chamber to deliver Ella's baby safely.

Xander knew that one day Ella would have to face such pain to deliver their baby and was preparing for the day to support her well. But when the day came, he could not do anything but stand and watch his wife withering in hurt.

Oh heavens, please his keep his Ella and their baby safe.

"It might take more time for the baby to come out, My Lord. I suggest you rest while we handle the Lady and your offspring." The midwife said assuring the Lord.

"More time? She was hurting the whole night, why is she not alright yet?" He demanded enraged with the loud howls of his wife. If he could do anything to take her pain away then he was ready to sell himself to do so.

"Xander, calm down. Ella will be alright and so will be the baby. We need to walk out and leave Ella in their expertise, Xander." Gode said pulling Xander out of the delivering chamber with the help of Xavier. Xander huffed angrily but agreed to stay still until the midwives say so.

Ella has being feeling the pain in her stomach from early evening of the previous day but the spasm only intensified from the midnight. It has been a tough night for Xander to take care of his wailing wife before the midwives arrived.

It was past breakfast time and there was no desire to eat or drink for the family who were waiting outside the chamber. Gode could only pray for her friend and the baby while Xavier acted the member of the family who composes them down.

"My Lord" The midwife's voice broke the Lord's thoughts. He scurried towards the old woman who was smiling pleasantly at him.

"My congratulations, My Lord. You are blessed with a beautiful daughter." She announced gleefully and told him to go inside as his wife was waiting for him.

Xander entered the room with quick steps and stopped right before the bed where his Ella was sleeping beside a small bundle. He kissed Ella's head and trailed his eyes to the squirming baby wrapped in the towels.

His eyes welled up in tears when the red rimmed small eyes opened and watched him curiously. It was the best feeling he ever felt. The feeling of having a daughter and the feeling of her looking at you with so much love was amazing.

His hands quivered in hesitation and fear when he picked his little girl in his arms and cocooned her to his chest. She was so little that he felt several emotions rushing inside him and the feeling of raw protectiveness was overwhelming.

A tear dropped down from his eyes when his daughters pink cheeks dimpled prettily. She was so beautiful that he couldn't take off his eyes from her. Apart from her eyes, his daughter completely looked like Ella. Her fire red hair, her little nose, her eyesbrows, her cheeks, her chin; everything was just like his Ella.

"Beautiful. Isn't she?" He heard a hoarse whisper. Xander nodded his head furiously and bent down to kiss Ella again, this time fully on her lips. "Indeed she is. Thank you, Love." He mumbled in her mouth and kissed her deeply yet again.

"How are you feeling now, Love?" Xander asked worriedly when he took a clear sight of her blood red tired eyes and her lean body sweating profusely.

"Very fine. Now that you are here, I am feeling fine." She nodded and raised her hands to hold their daughter.

Xander placed their daughter carefully in her hands and wrapped a hand against the small body protectively. "What do you want to call her?" Ella asked caressing the baby's cheek softly.

Xander pulled up a thinking face and grinned at his wife, caging both Ella and the baby in his arms. He was waiting for this time from a very long time and once it was finally here, he wanted to give a wonderful name to his daughter.

A name which would be apt and describes her well.

"Iris." He spelled out with a wide smile pecking his daughter's cheek. Ella nodded with a smile but looked at him curiously.

"Why Iris?" She asked to which he just chuckled and told her that she was their flower who scented their life, made it beautiful and blooming.

"A flower that will bring a new storm of traditions and subdue the unjust just like its father. A flower which will be as beautiful and kind as its mother. Iris Knight, the next ruler of the kingdom." Ella laughed and kissed Iris' head affectionately.

"I don't like it." She said suddenly making the Lord arch an eyebrow at her playfully. "The name seems incomplete" She said adjusting her daughter beside her comfortably.

"And why so?" He queried thinking what is it that is lacking. He did not think that something was lacking in the name.

"It's missing Knavesmire." She smiled. "Knavesmire is your true name and I want our child to have her original family name as well. Iris Knavesmire Knight; sounds full?" She asked kissing Xander on his cheek.

This was what he loved the most in his Ella. She has the charm of keeping a person in his true image and accepts it no matter what. He felt so lucky again to have two lovely women in his life; his Ella and his Iris.

"Lovely." He said pulling her into a much needed hug.

Oh. How much he loves her.

"I love you so much, darling." He confessed gaining beautiful laughter from her.

"And I, you." She whispered back looking into his eyes with love, passion and desire. Just as they were preparing to kiss each other again, their trance broke with a loud cry.

Their daughter wailed for attention which made both the parents shake their heads in amusement.

"Oh yes, we love you so much, Iris." They said together stopping their daughter's whine.

Pain, suffering, downfall, failure were important dungeons of a life which leads to the gate of Paradise. The one who complains about it, stays where they are but the one who challenges it and bears it sees the beauty in the end.

Just like Xander and Ella...

~*~*~*~*~*~

Hello Sweeties,

The Bonus chapter is here. Enjoy!

I was demanded to give a bonus chapter by an avid reader so it is. I hope you enjoy it.

Many of you were confused about the relationship between Lucius and Knox in the end so let me clear it out for you, the secret will be revealed in Lucius book only.

I still do not have a concrete plot for Lucius but I will make one for him soon if possible.

Please spread love to this book.

Please shower me votes and comments

Lots of Love

Lady Prim